Best spaceflight sim for button pushers?

F

ForgedMonolith

Hi folks... first post here. I am really late to the show with regards to space flight sims... I have spent years and years with aircraft flight simulators... FSX, P3D, DCS, you name it. As a person with a Private Pilot's License, I will say it takes a lot in a sim to impress me. I like the sims that have 3D cockpits, and every single button and gauge for the most part do something. So the aircraft designed by PMDG, as well as the DCS A-10C Warthog and F/A-18 Hornet, are of course my most prized aircraft, other than the actual C-172 I can rent every now and then out at our local airfield.

So I did a search on "space flight simulation" and all kinds of lists pop up, yet they don't seem to be updated, and I can't filter out the "games". I did discover Orbiter 2016 very recently, and I found this to be great for learning all about orbital mechanics and the basic concepts of space flight. I have not downloaded all the add-ons yet, but I do see there's an Apollo LM which appears to have some switch functionality. But the Space Shuttle in Orbiter 2016...meh... not that impressed, unless there's more add-ons with respect to cockpit functionality.

Nowhere on any of these lists does "Reentry" come up... it appears to be brand new, and the graphics look absolutely stunning, with cockpit functionality too. It's still in early access I believe on Steam.

So, if there are any other button pushing nerds here like me, can you recommend the best platform or add-on? Or am I just wandering in space?