Beyond Earth Planet pack

My planet pack (Beyond Earth) this is my planet pack based on the beyond kerbin for KSP. In my pack the sun became an Red Giant and already ate mercury and an captured gas giant who came to near the sun and earth is inhabitatble and humans fled to mars and terraformed it (you will now launch from mars !!!launchpad is missing i couldn't fix it sorry!!!) and the rest of the solar system is ok well some ice melted on Europa and gave jupiter white rings

Your job is to go Interstellar and find a new home for humanity (dont look in the planet data wich planet is a earth 2.0)

Don't use cheats there must be still some challange's you can use Bp edited ships but if you want some challange don't use OP ones

(NEVER CLICK ON RESUME GAME IT WILL BREAK EVERYTHING and oh boy i tested it alot and couldn't fixed it) Planned to add for V2.0 day-night Cycle for every planet with an atmosphere (credits:Elmakso, soviet pinguin, for making some textures and gurren legann for removing venus's fog (i am new to planet editing) and max (me) making the planet pack

T

TtTOtW

Sounds interesting. Stick around, you'll get far :) we have a lot of high expertise to help you learn.

Sounds interesting. Stick around, you'll get far :) we have a lot of high expertise to help you learn.
Its indeed interesting i worked hard on it for now i take a break before i start working on v2.0 and moving launchpad to mars yeah it costed me nerves

I Forgot to say:!!!Remove all default planets and potentially planets from other planet packs from the game itself i recommend to create an backup folder!!!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Max (idk) I already found the problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your pack :)

The problem is that, on your Earth.txt file you had setted the name of the Planet to Mars. That's because on your story mankind moved to Mars which is fine, but this causes the game to recognize no spawn/recover point (cause is programmed to spawn/recover from Earth) and crashes...

You must NEVER rename Earth. Wherever universe you are you always need to have a planet named Earth. That's what tells the game where to spawn your crafts, and where to recover from.

Now this brings another problem and that is that you now have 2 Earths.
One is the original Earth accompanied by the Moon and the other One is Mars which is named Earth.

That is not good either. Cause then the game won't know on which One you are. So I changed the name of the Fake Earth to "The Earth". That solved the problem.

From the game's point of view "Earth" and "The Earth" are two different worlds, which is what it should be.

Here are the fixed Earth and The Earth. Feel Free to include them in your pack :)

Attachments

Max (idk) I already found the problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your pack :)

The problem is that, on your Earth.txt file you had setted the name of the Planet to Mars. That's because on your story mankind moved to Mars which is fine, but this causes the game to recognize no spawn/recover point (cause is programmed to spawn/recover from Earth) and crashes...

You must NEVER rename Earth. Wherever universe you are you always need to have a planet named Earth. That's what tells the game where to spawn your crafts, and where to recover from.

Now this brings another problem and that is that you now have 2 Earths.
One is the original Earth accompanied by the Moon and the other One is Mars which is named Earth.

That is not good either. Cause then the game won't know on which One you are. So I changed the name of the Fake Earth to "The Earth". That solved the problem.

From the game's point of view "Earth" and "The Earth" are two different worlds, which is what it should be.

Here are the fixed Earth and The Earth. Feel Free to include them in your pack :)
Thanks :) and i noticed it really fast since how you said with the earths. I am working on Beyond Earth V1.1 wich includes the fix and 3 Asteroids for the other solar systems. EDIT:i tested the planets you put in your reply and it broke the game sadly (i got the Launchpad in space Bug)

Last edited:

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Thanks :) and i noticed it really fast since how you said with the earths. I am working on Beyond Earth V1.1 wich includes the fix and 3 Asteroids for the other solar systems. EDIT:i tested the planets you put in your reply and it broke the game sadly (i got the Launchpad in space Bug)
Oh, I must have Missed something.

A little info: well i couldn't fix the weird "earth-mars parallel existing". For now on the rockets will launch from the Dead earth. And no changing orbits (in my tests atleast) wont fix that either the launchpad seems to don't care if the earth is getting moved

BEYOND EARTH V1.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Oq03E9DtWlehq_pGbIai3MbvCry8Exf/view?usp=drivesdk Well i sadly had to remove the ability to launch from mars since it was VERY VERY buggy. And in my tests i screwed up the sun too so i fixed that too. And i dont plan to add more planets since i want to make beyond earth V2.0 wich will add day night Cycle to every atmospheric Planet and to do that i must figure out how gimp works so that can take a while. Btw i will add the new apo and Pe to the planets when sfs 1.5 is finally being released