Solved BUG! FAIRINGS NOT WORKING!

N

Night Howl

I've noticed when flying I can't decouple my fairing. It says I have no control over that vessel. Then when on the map doing my burns, I come back, and the fairing has decoupled. When on the launch pad it will always jump from the air own onto my vessel, sometimes getting stuck in stuff and ripping my vessel apart. Please fix. (Am using a standard decoupler, as I have no access to large decouplers, if that changed anything). I tried adding structual blocks around it (around the decoupler) but it didn't work. I noticed how my sattelites over at the moon was missing RCS thrusters cause of those fairings...darn it!

P

Plezples

I've noticed when flying I can't decouple my fairing. It says I have no control over that vessel. Then when on the map doing my burns, I come back, and the fairing has decoupled. When on the launch pad it will always jump from the air own onto my vessel, sometimes getting stuck in stuff and ripping my vessel apart. Please fix. (Am using a standard decoupler, as I have no access to large decouplers, if that changed anything). I tried adding structual blocks around it (around the decoupler) but it didn't work. I noticed how my sattelites over at the moon was missing RCS thrusters cause of those fairings...darn it!
It sounds sike your fairing isn't connected to the rocket. I probably just hangs on top of payload. The little squares of fairing must be connected to payload or main rocket otherwise you expirience exactly what you described.
On this picture only right rocket has correct fairing placement (notice the lower end of fairing).
fairing.png

T

TtTOtW

Also, the fairings pop when you tap them. So maybe you are pressing "Launch" more than once? The remaining presses will now be applied to your next screen - the game view screen - and your fairings are probably right there on the screen.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
You have no control on the left and middle fairings, because the left fairing isn't attached to anything, and the middle one is connected into a stage adapter which, when removed, leaves the fairing not touching anything. And the right fairing you showed goes over the stage, then if you try to remove the stage where the fairing begins, it will not work. That's the same backwards. Here are three other examples of when it will work.
Yes those were examples from another member showing how farings connect...

Also, the fairings pop when you tap them. So maybe you are pressing "Launch" more than once? The remaining presses will now be applied to your next screen - the game view screen - and your fairings are probably right there on the screen.
You have no control on the left and middle fairings, because the left fairing isn't attached to anything, and the middle one is connected into a stage adapter which, when removed, leaves the fairing not touching anything. And in the last stage, it is over the stage adapter. Here are three other examples where it will work.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
You have no control on the left and middle fairings, because the left fairing isn't attached to anything, and the middle one is connected into a stage adapter which, when removed, leaves the fairing not touching anything. Here are three other examples of when it will work. View attachment 21614
Are you on pc? As you look like your on 1.35

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
You are correct. I do not use 1.4 since 1.35 has a free cracked version on the same forum. There is no 1.4 installation page with cracked (I believe).
1.4 will never be cracked. Stef instead is planning on putting 1.4 on steam for PC players

It sounds sike your fairing isn't connected to the rocket. I probably just hangs on top of payload. The little squares of fairing must be connected to payload or main rocket otherwise you expirience exactly what you described.
On this picture only right rocket has correct fairing placement (notice the lower end of fairing).
View attachment 258
You have no control on the left and middle fairings, because the left fairing isn't attached to anything, and the middle one is connected into a stage adapter which, when removed, leaves the fairing not touching anything. Here are three other examples of when it will work.