Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I managed to create a heightmap for your bulge. This is what the result looks like:
Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-27-50.jpg

Is it what you needed? I generated 5 bulges of different size: tiny, small, medium, large and extra-large. This is what each of them looks like (first picture is with no bulge for reference):
Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-26-10.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-26-34.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-26-55.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-27-20.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-27-50.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-03-00-28-10.jpg

To use them, you have to add the following line to the planet file:
Screenshot_20220203-003438_QuickEdit+.jpg
The first parameter is the bulge terrain you chose, the second parameter must be the planet circumference (2×π×radius), and the third one must be the planet radius.

Heightmaps are in the zip file, you have to put them into your "Heightmap data" directory.

Attachments

I managed to create a heightmap for your bulge. This is what the result looks like:
View attachment 78314

Is it what you needed? I generated 5 bulges of different size: tiny, small, medium, large and extra-large. This is what each of them looks like (first picture is with no bulge for reference):
View attachment 78315 View attachment 78316 View attachment 78317 View attachment 78318 View attachment 78319 View attachment 78320

To use them, you have to add the following line to the planet file:
View attachment 78321
The first parameter is the bulge terrain you chose, the second parameter must be the planet circumference (2×π×radius), and the third one must be the planet radius.

Heightmaps are in the zip file, you have to put them into your "Heightmap data" directory.
I can do the most.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
But how to know we must use small or big and how to find a right code we have over trilion of trilion of trilion heightmap code combination
For the bulge you have to use, the choice is up to you, I've shown what each of them looks like. The 2 other parameters are the circumference and the planet radius. The radius is given in the planet file in the first section. I don't see how you come up with trillions of trillions of trillions of code combination. You have 5 possibilities for the bulge, and all the rest is determined by the planet radius.

Planet diameter also make the heightmap change we cant use a same code for all planet if have different diameter
But you have to employ a different formula for each planet. Just use the corresponding radius for each planet, what's the problem with that?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The problem is the planet diameter i need to know first your planet diameter in your sample photo so i only need toward it to earth diameter
Not sure how it helps you but the diameter is 7000000 meters. It was done with Jupiter.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How do I input a heightmap
Seriously, I gave some detailed instructions several weeks ago (See third post of this discussion: Bulge), and I explained it again yesterday. Why don't you guys just read the fucking instructions? Now I'm tired of being asked the same thing again and again.

Last edited:
Seriously, I gave some detailed instructions several weeks ago (See third post of this discussion: Bulge), and I explained it again yesterday. Why don't you guys just read the fucking instructions? Now I'm tired of being asked the same thing again and again.
OHHHH, for your information, I don’t have like a 15536536627536637 IQ. I just need help with ONE a thing that I don’t understand, there is your information.