Change in atmospheric settings

This only applies to me:
An Act

To provide relatively accurate atmospheric conditions, encourage the development of realistic Low Earth Orbit altitudes, and to increase the difficulty of the game.

Declaration of Policy:
1) The Karman line will now be 100 kilometers in altitude according to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale.
2) All artificial satellites, excluding satallites in a parking orbit, in Low Earth Orbit must have a Periapsis above 150 kilometers.
3) Under special circumstances such as competitions, the Karman line will be set to default game altitude: 30kilometers.
4) A red post-processing will be present at an altitude of 90 kilometers in order to accurately reflect re-entry effects.
Screenshot_20190827-213050_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
If only there was a game setting where the Earth was 12000km in diameter, not 600km, and rockets were adjusted to match.....

If only there was a game setting where the Earth was 12000km in diameter, not 600km, and rockets were adjusted to match.....
Tried before. WAAAYYY too laggy. I think someone posted a real earth size challenge before. That would cost too much fuel and is bad for a base game player like me.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Tried before. WAAAYYY too laggy. I think someone posted a real earth size challenge before. That would cost too much fuel and is bad for a base game player like me.
Yeah, Altair set it. 1:1 scale SFS is really, really hard because the engines in game are shit compared to the real counterparts, and they don't change characteristics in flight and become more efficient like they do in reality.

I once did the numbers for a real scale Apollo mission in SFS and to generate the 17,000m/s of Dv that Saturn V needs to get to the moon.

Just the first 2 stages of Saturn V putting 140t to the pre-TLI parking orbit needs 9115m/s ΔV and in SFS that would require 26,861 tons of fuel tanks and 1540t of engines spread over 3 stages. It worked out you needed 130 titans at launch to generate the 390mN of thrust just to get it off the ground.

Yeah, Altair set it. 1:1 scale SFS is really, really hard because the engines in game are shit compared to the real counterparts, and they don't change characteristics in flight and become more efficient like they do in reality.

I once did the numbers for a real scale Apollo mission in SFS and to generate the 17,000m/s of Dv that Saturn V needs to get to the moon.

Just the first 2 stages of Saturn V putting 140t to the pre-TLI parking orbit needs 9115m/s ΔV and in SFS that would require 26,861 tons of fuel tanks and 1540t of engines spread over 3 stages. It worked out you needed 130 titans at launch to generate the 390mN of thrust just to get it off the ground.
If you .bp/.qks edit, can you make the engines more powerful?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If you .bp/.qks edit, can you make the engines more powerful?
Much more powerful. It won't help though, it'll still be a 30,000ton monstrosity and that's because the ISP in game is shocking compared to real liquid fuel engines

And that won't change