Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Edit: This mod is only compatible with the old mod loader and as is it won't be maintained anymore. Please check this thread to download the version compatible with the official mod loader.
------------------------------------‐--------------------

Here is the first version of my mod that restores the closest approach line:
20220627025517_1.jpg

ezgif-2-5623bbb3fd.gif

With this mod, the game now displays the closest approach line. It's in light blue to be easily distinguished from other indications.

It does the job, but I want to insist that it's still a work in progress, some unexpected behaviours can still happen.

You can see it as a beta, so don't hesitate to report any issue.

How to install it?

You will need the latest version of the mod loader (V1.3.2).
Then you have to create a ClosestApproachLine folder in your MODS directory, and drop the DLL in it.

Enjoy :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Amazing! I've been waiting for stef to add this for so long. To be honest, I also kinda half hoped that someone would make it a mod. Do I remember correctly that you helped make the current nav system, or am I making stuff up? Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing some SFS on steam. Mooncrasher can this mod be used for the June challenge?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Amazing! I've been waiting for stef to add this for so long. To be honest, I also kinda half hoped that someone would make it a mod. Do I remember correctly that you helped make the current nav system, or am I making stuff up? Tomorrow I'm gonna be playing some SFS on steam. Mooncrasher can this mod be used for the June challenge?
I knew you would appreciate :p

For now there still are some precision issues to be honest, I couldn't recreate the excellent precision I managed to get before. I think it's because of the update, I had to rebuild a project, and some optimizations I made in the previous one were lost. I'll try to integrate them back to see if I can solve the problem. But it's still reliable enough to get a viable rendez-vous.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here are some fresh news of the closest approach line mod!

I'm still working on it, but the precision has been greatly improved, and it looks much smoother now:
ezgif-2-8e3522a553.gif

Also, the line color turns red if the collision risk becomes serious.

ezgif-2-d402d74360.gif

Test passed :cool:

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Nice! When I get back home and do the June contest, this is the first mod I'm gonna download! Will it work with the new modloader when it releases?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice! When I get back home and do the June contest, this is the first mod I'm gonna download! Will it work with the new modloader when it releases?
I'll convert it to the new modloader of course, don't worry about that. Releasing it before the end of the June contest will be a serious issue though :p

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Here comes the second version of the closest approach line!

This version includes many bug fixes and some quality of life improvements:
- precision is greatly increased: down to the tenth of meter!
- removal of the blinking effect: this is hardly avoidable due to numerical precision issues, so the closest approach line is only recalculated every 2 seconds unless you're modifying your trajectory. The result looks much more stable and smoother.
- the closest approach line gradually turns red as the approach gets close to 0, to warn you about a collision risk.

This should work in most situations, I haven't found any remaining bug so far. Don't hesitate to notify me if you find one though, I will investigate!

Here are a few pics:
20220716230002_1.jpg

20220716230443_1.jpg

And of course, the traditional precision test:
adjusting.gif

impact2.gif

This will be the last version available for the old mod loader!

I'll switch to the new mod loader now. Of course, this mod will be made compatible.

Attachments

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered

- precision is greatly increased: down to the tenth of meter!
- removal of the blinking effect: this is hardly avoidable due to numerical precision issues, so the closest approach line is only recalculated every 2 seconds unless you're modifying your trajectory. The result looks much more stable and smoother.
- the closest approach line gradually turns red as the approach gets close to 0, to warn you about a collision risk.

This should work in most situations, I haven't found any remaining bug so far. Don't hesitate to notify me if you find one though, I will investigate!

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 86709

View attachment 86708

View attachment 86707

View attachment 86706

I'll switch to the new mod loader now. Of course, this mod will be made compatible.

This looks so awsome When should we expect to see this in the new mod loader?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This looks so awsome When should we expect to see this in the new mod loader?
Thanks for your appreciation. I'm already working on it, it should be fast, don't worry :)

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Thanks for your appreciation. I'm already working on it, it should be fast, don't worry :)
Got it installed works brilliantly, I don't know why it was removed in the first place!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Got it installed works brilliantly, I don't know why it was removed in the first place!
Stef wanted to replace it with the new navigation system, that was supposed to make the closest approach line obsolete. The problem is that it doesn't always work properly. To be honest I knew that this mod would be appreciated when I developed it. Thanks again for your appreciation :)

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
what is the new modloader?
The old modloader required copying files into the game folders.

The new modloader is integrated with the game, you don't need to manually install it.
You currently need to be in the SFS Steam edition beta program to access the newest version of SFS, which has the new modloader:

ASoD's guide to using the beta:
How to access the Steam beta:
1. Open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click on SFS, then go to "Properties...".
3. Click on the "BETAS" tab, then paste the beta password: wab4P4muxJLdD8Y1
4. Select the public beta from the dropdown menu.
5. Let Steam update the game to the beta.

Once you do that, you can install the latest mods from here.
Authorised Game Mods

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

The new modloader is integrated with the game, you don't need to manually install it.
You currently need to be in the SFS Steam edition beta program to access the newest version of SFS, which has the new modloader:

Authorised Game Mods
ahh thank you for that Mooncrasher

Authorised Game Mods
Hello So There Is One Problem For Me. I Dont Use The Steam Version Of SFS. I Use The Non-Steam Version Instead. Is There A Possible Way To Activate Modloader Without Steam?

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Hello So There Is One Problem For Me. I Dont Use The Steam Version Of SFS. I Use The Non-Steam Version Instead. Is There A Possible Way To Activate Modloader Without Steam?
No, modloader is not available for mobile or Mac Store edition.

No, i haven't seen a mobile or mobile emulator for Modloader, yet also please use posts instead of comments. This is to make more information and better space rather than using other posts then posting help on them, you're like talking about something you aren't suppose to talk about that is off topic. Thank you for reading, Space Catcher or anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

- precision is significantly increased: down to the tenth of a meter!
Remove the blinking effect: this is hardly avoidable due to numerical precision issues, so the closest approach line is only recalculated every 2 seconds unless you're modifying your trajectory. The result looks much more stable and smoother.

This should work in most situations, I haven't found any remaining bug. Don't hesitate to notify me if you find one though, I will investigate!

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 86709

View attachment 86708

View attachment 86707

View attachment 86706

is the file for the new Modloader, if not, please upload one compatible with the new mod loader

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
is the file for the new Modloader, if not, please upload one compatible with the new mod loader
The answer to your question is at the very beginning of the first post :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20220821-175517_Chrome.jpg