Coding a gas planet

P

phus00

Hi!

Its my first post so id like to begin by saying how much i love this game! I really love how creative it allows you to be!

So I'm still getting to grips with planet editing and cant figure out what the difference in the code would be between a gas and solid planet.

For example if you try to land on the sun, your ship will begin to sink below the surface instead of simply landing on it. (Or jupiter for those who have downloaded that planet pack floating around)

If for example I wanted to make it so that I could land a ship on the sun, what would i have to change in the text file?

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hi!

Its my first post so id like to begin by saying how much i love this game! I really love how creative it allows you to be!

So I'm still getting to grips with planet editing and cant figure out what the difference in the code would be between a gas and solid planet.

For example if you try to land on the sun, your ship will begin to sink below the surface instead of simply landing on it. (Or jupiter for those who have downloaded that planet pack floating around)

If for example I wanted to make it so that I could land a ship on the sun, what would i have to change in the text file?
Hello!Welcome to the Forum.
You need to add a ●TERRAIN_DATA● on it and put a texture,you can just copy that from a planet and paste on Sun's file.

P

phus00

Yes,depends on what you put on the txt file.
Ok, do you know which specific attribute in the text file makes a planet landable or not then?

Basically I have a bunch of non-landable planets and I want them exactly the same, just landable.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I was wondering, I have some really bumpy moons on Saturn, and I mean REALLY bumpy! I was wondering how can I make their surfaces more smooth and realistic?

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
I was wondering, I have some really bumpy moons on Saturn, and I mean REALLY bumpy! I was wondering how can I make their surfaces more smooth and realistic?
I can't remember now,but I think you have to change this
Screenshot_20190305-192040_ES File Explorer.jpg