Critique my Space Station

T

The Dark in the Light

Now we have the fuel rack docked and put into place. I'm quite happy that's out of the way. Making sure ALL the docking ports line up before launch was mentally draining and very frustrating.
Screenshot_20200212-183436_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

T

The Dark in the Light

Ok, I have a new Station core. The station might be interplanetary, I'll decide as I go.
Screenshot_20200302-170358_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

T

The Dark in the Light

Time for the first launch of HPR Hirai Akihiro! The payload is 2 builder drones and some spare fuel.
Screenshot_20200302-191555_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I quite like how it looks when it flies, thanks again Blazer!
Screenshot_20200302-191742_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-191842_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now that it's in orbit, let's dock with my partially built space station.
Screenshot_20200302-192030_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-192345_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Hirai Akihiro has docked to the station!
Screenshot_20200302-192454_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-192704_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-192805_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now, the second side module (the side modules are crew quarters) and some storage units will be sent up next.

T

The Dark in the Light

First storage module and an explorer rocket. I screwed something up and one of the boosters destroyed an engine, but I still got it up, thanks to some quick thinking.
Screenshot_20200303-185302_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I didn't send this up by trial and error. I actually used a spread sheet I created and did a fair amount of math, with a calculator, but it was time consuming. I fricked up a couple of times before I actually made it to space, first time being forgetting to put some struts to secure some stuff, second time being the first rocket falling onto the one I was gonna launch and the last one or two attempts being a booster separation problem, with one booster destroying the engines part way in flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Looking good man.

Hey, you planning to use that HPR shuttle you've just received? The one that can carry 120 tons to orbit...?

T

The Dark in the Light

Looking good man.

Hey, you planning to use that HPR shuttle you've just received? The one that can carry 120 tons to orbit...?
Yep, probably also gonna send it off to Enceladus once my experimental testing is done and when everything is ready. I did use it once already for sending two builder drones and fuel to my station.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I'm liking all these designs. They are all pretty different from my normal style, but I think they look great! Keep it up.

Time for the first launch of HPR Hirai Akihiro! The payload is 2 builder drones and some spare fuel.
View attachment 34048
I quite like how it looks when it flies, thanks again Blazer!
View attachment 34049
View attachment 34050
Now that it's in orbit, let's dock with my partially built space station.
View attachment 34051
View attachment 34052
Hirai Akihiro has docked to the station!
View attachment 34054
View attachment 34053
View attachment 34055
Now, the second side module (the side modules are crew quarters) and some storage units will be sent up next.
Nice! Got any bps for the Shuttle?