Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Whilst you're all reeeeee-ing about the update not hitting iOS yet and lack of ion engines and 'wry doesnt my rober whelz wrok?', just remember what day it is today.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-06 at 08.27.47.jpeg

Right now 76 years ago, 160,000 men are landing and forcing their way onto the 5 beachheads of Normandy. Last night, 24,000 paratroopers from the US 82nd, 101st and British 6th Airborne Divisions were dropped in to seize bridges, approach routes and coastal defence guns.

Amongst that number was a Pte Johns, a member of my regiment who joined at 14yrs old and was part of A/Tk plt, A Company, The 13th Bn The Parachute Regiment when he stepped from the doorway of a moving C-47 Dakota into a sky filled with fire.

Robert Johns was shot by a sniper and killed at 1140hrs, 23rd July 1944 aged 16 years old at the Le Mesnil-sur-Blangy crossroads in Normandy.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-06 at 13.24.44.jpeg

So today, spare Bobby and the other 10,000 casualties of Operation Overlord a thought whilst you're whining about your update not working and other first world problems.

Last edited:

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Bow our heads to pay respects for all of them soldiers who saved everyone in Europe of Nazi terror