Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I tried this mission with a tanker, but that made it surprisingly harder. So I just barely made it with my one rocket. Get ready for a lot of pictures:
As my final entry for Team Hawk:
THE KHONSU-D.V.3..png

Attachments

Dahzito

Amateur Astronomer / Future Astrophysicist
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I have some questions.
I there a way to stack / dock the 2º Stage with the Main stage?

Doesn´t the fairings also have to be reused?

Is there a way to refuel the rocket? (I know I am not a judge, I am just saying what is in the rules)

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I have some questions.
I there a way to stack / dock the 2º Stage with the Main stage?

Doesn´t the fairings also have to be reused?

Is there a way to refuel the rocket?
As I said, I tried doing the mission with an extra rocket acting as a tanker to refuel the main rocket once it was in orbit. So yes there is a way to refuel the rocket, if you look closely there are docking ports on the side of the second stage. I just found that the tanker idea made the mission a bit harder. So I just did this. No the fairings don't have to be reused. :)

Dahzito

Amateur Astronomer / Future Astrophysicist
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh ok, I hope you get the badge.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The purpose of the mission is not just to make a reusable launcher, but also to reuse it. You have to reassemble the rocket, refill it, relaunch it, and land each stage again. You have to add some docking ports to the first stage to replenish it too, and make sure the first stage and the second stage can be reattached together.

By the way, you can't discard the fairings, they have to be reused too. Or you can use no fairing at all to solve the problem, we don't care about that. :)

Also, just because you were saying that, you can't use a tanker to refill your second stage in orbit. By definition the tanker is not reusable, once it's empty it needs to be renewed (or refilled).

However you can spawn everything you want to refurbish your rocket on ground. By the way, if it makes your life easier, parachutes are considered as consumables too: if you attach a set of parachutes to your rocket using docking ports, you're allowed to detach them and attach a new set for the second flight.

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The purpose of the mission is not just to make a reusable launcher, but also to reuse it. You have to reassemble the rocket, refill it, relaunch it, and land each stage again. You have to add some docking ports to the first stage to replenish it too, and make sure the first stage and the second stage can be reattached together.

By the way, you can't discard the fairings, they have to be reused too. Or you can use no fairing at all to solve the problem, we don't care about that. :)

Also, just because you were saying that, you can't use a tanker to refill your second stage in orbit. By definition the tanker is not reusable, once it's empty it needs to be renewed (or refilled).

However you can spawn everything you want to refurbish your rocket on ground. By the way, if it makes your life easier, parachutes are considered as consumables too: if you attach a set of parachutes to your rocket using docking ports, you're allowed to detach them and attach a new set for the second flight.
Ah. Ok. Thanks. :)