Open Every time i try to get to Lapetus this happens

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Etherian Space Program , three advices I can give you:).
1)- First of all...
I've seen this like a million times. Its usually caused when a parent body's code is broken/miscoded.

2)- If you have problems with your planet pack, you don't have to reinstall the game, simply delete your Planet pack and install a whole new one from zero.

3)- You must NEVER, under any circunstance, changing the name of the Earth. You can edit it as much as you want (hell, I made Earth an asteroid once), you can make it orbit the body you want, but you ALWAYS need to have something named EARTH on your Planet pack. This will tell the game where to launch/recover from.

T

The Dark in the Light

Etherian Space Program , three advices I can give you:).
1)- First of all...

I've seen this like a million times. Its usually caused when a parent body's code is broken/miscoded.

2)- If you have problems with your planet pack, you don't have to reinstall the game, simply delete your Planet pack and install a whole new one from zero.

3)- You must NEVER, under any circunstance, changing the name of the Earth. You can edit it as much as you want (hell, I made Earth an asteroid once), you can make it orbit the body you want, but you ALWAYS need to have something named EARTH on your Planet pack. This will tell the game where to launch/recover from.
thanks that saved me from deleting at one time

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I had exactly the same thing after installing a planet pack. I reinstalled the game (first I made sure that I won't lose the DLC) and it went back to normal.
People from the Earth, my fellow Humans:

Such error is not that SFS is broken. We planet editors live seeing that same error everyday. It is caused because YOU, no one but YOU screwed something on the Planet Files.

So, next time you see such error, just load a Solar System that works, or delete absolute everything on your Planet Data folder, so you can have the default Solar System.

But please, DO NOT uninstall SFS. IS NOT NECESARY.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Well I rather downloaded a faulty planet pack then, cause I didn't change anything.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Now I'm using GuHP20's planet pack.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well I rather downloaded a faulty planet pack then, cause I didn't change anything.
Try to use the ones here on the Forum. They are safe.
Anyway if you find a problem with a pack from the forum, don't hesitate in informing the person who made it. Of course, start asking in the help section to check it's not your own mistake and if other people have the same problem, but if it appears to be related to the pack then you can report it to its owner.

As Blazer said, the packs on the forum are quality ones, but a mistake can still happen. As a programmer I'm well placed to know that even the best make mistakes :)