Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Okay, so I have been playing SFS for a while now, so I know how fairings work but this makes no sense to me. Whenever I try to deploy the upper fairing on this new craft it won’t deploy. I have tried it without the spacecraft inside and it works fine, but for some reason when I add it in it decides to not deploy.
0129E5A4-6BC9-4AAD-989A-B6B3D98EFF42.png

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Okay, so I have been playing SFS for a while now, so I know how fairings work but this makes no sense to me. Whenever I try to deploy the upper fairing on this new craft it won’t deploy. I have tried it without the spacecraft inside and it works fine, but for some reason when I add it in it decides to not deploy. View attachment 37750
Maybe I am missing something obvious, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Huh, this is quite a strange one. Maybe flip the fairings a bit and see if it resolves itself?
If not, maybe try removing sections of the payload to help identify what is causing the issue.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Huh, this is quite a strange one. Maybe flip the fairings a bit and see if it resolves itself?
If not, maybe try removing sections of the payload to help identify what is causing the issue.
I think I have narrowed it down to being either the top separator that lies below the docking port, or the shroud connecting the two separators. As far as fixes, adding another fairing segment before it tapers off at the top fixes it. It is definitely a strange one though.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I think separators have a slightly wider hitbox than they look? And to prove that it's causing the issue, I'd replace the wide separator that's right underneath the taper with a structural part. Then the fairing should deploy.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I think separators have a slightly wider hitbox than they look? And to prove that it's causing the issue, I'd replace the wide separator that's right underneath the taper with a structural part. Then the fairing should deploy.
For some reason, the fairing will still deploy with that separator still in place. It seems to be the top one that is the issue.

Last edited:

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Odd. Must be a hitbox problem with the fairing on the same height.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
HHuh, that is pretty strange. Glad you got it working though :)

Tony

Registered
Awesome. I can now communicate normally. Without the language barrier. But stay distant with COVID. Poop virus. Always remember to distance yourself. And above all you have your hands.

Okay, so I have been playing SFS for a while now, so I know how fairings work but this makes no sense to me. Whenever I try to deploy the upper fairing on this new craft it won’t deploy. I have tried it without the spacecraft inside and it works fine, but for some reason when I add it in it decides to not deploy. View attachment 37750
Try connecting the bottom fairing to the top. The top fairing might not be connected, so the game makes it a separate craft.