Firefly - The White Sun System of the 'Verse

Hello and welcome to the White Sun System,

once humanity left Earth-That-Was on huge ships of the Ark Fleet. Their target was the 34Tauri(2020) star cluster where they landed on Londinium and Sihnon, terraformed the planets and spread into the whole White Sun System and it's orbiting solar systems, later known as The 'Verse.

This pack is only for the White Sun system. The center of the star cluster, in which the TV show Firefly is set. I want to create the whole 34Tauri Cluster, of which you find a map here: Maps of the 'Verse
For this I quote from the wiki:
It consists of five main sequence stars, around which orbit seven protostars, seven gas giants, three separate asteroid belts, seventy-five planets, and one hundred forty-nine moons.[1] Four of the main sequence stars orbit a central star.
Take a look at my development thread to see the progress of the whole Verse: My take on Firefly The 'Verse Custom Solar System

What is in this pack?

54 objects in total
  • 1 star ( White Sun)
  • 2 protostars (helioformed brown dwarfs called Qin Shi Huang and Lux)
  • 14 planets
  • 2 dwarf planets
  • 31 moons
  • 4 asteroids

Originally in the data I found online about the planets, most of the planets and their moons are terraformed and their gravity set to a similar intensity of Earth by a highly advanced technology to transform even dead moons into livable garden Edens. However, I decided to make some moons terraformed and others I left dead. Also I tried to make the gravity as fitting as possible to the size of the bodies.
This makes this pack my own interpretation of the White Sun system. Feel free to give me feedback or report bugs on my progress google doc or here in this thread: The ‘Verse Progress - System Overview and Updates

I am a bit of a beginner of editing planets, so it might be possible that this version needs to be updated often. I will do some touch ups for the planets' gravity, because I guess some have too low gravity, but I couldn't decide yet on what is the right numbers to make it work correctly.
So if you encounter problems with the planets' gravity, inform me please.

Credit and further information in my progress doc and in the development thread.

DOWNLOADLINK: Firefly - The White Sun System 0.1.zip

Have fun with this pack and don't forget to give me feedback :)
Your Throkir

Oh no... I forgot the pictures. Here we go:
Screenshot_2021.10.17_20.46.50.562.png
Screenshot_2021.10.17_21.24.17.296.png
Screenshot_2021.10.17_21.24.43.278.png

Attachments

Hey there, it's been a while. As some probably realized, I abandoned this project. Apparently the game got a few updates after I "vanished", and I accidentily deleted the file from the downloadlink. Means, the pack might not work as well or not at all anymore. If someone wants to fix this pack or extent on it, I hereby give my consent to anyone who wants to take over. Feel free to edit it, and upload it here or wherever. I am uploading two files, a Alpha version (1.7a) and the Beta version (0.1).

Downloadlink Alpha 1.7a:
Here

Downloadlink Beta 0.1:
Here

Have fun modding, enjoy the game :)
Throkir out

I just tested out the Beta 0.1 system, and it seems to work. But its vastly incomplete.
In the Georgia System the only planets in the Ithaca-Priam Binary System are broken somehow. All the other stars: Red Sun, Kalidasa and Blue Sun aswell their orbiting protostars are without any planets. But even without them, the White Sun has a good amount of planets to explore. But I am not sure if all of them are working correctly.

Attachments