first try

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
I've never really had any interest in (making) art, I have done some doodles on paper but nothing finished to my liking.
In an attempt to de-stress and calm down yesterday I found myself doodling on Microsoft paint, and this is what I finished with
Vines_fragments.png

I just wanted to see what you guys think I could do better

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
I've never really had any interest in (making) art, I have done some doodles on paper but nothing finished to my liking.
In an attempt to de-stress and calm down yesterday I found myself doodling on Microsoft paint, and this is what I finished with
View attachment 36416

I just wanted to see what you guys think I could do better
Ah wow
looks pretty good!

Though I’d recommend for a new artist, such as perhaps you, to start off with non-organic things so you can get a feel for objects that you might put organic things on.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Ah wow
looks pretty good!

Though I’d recommend for a new artist, such as perhaps you, to start off with non-organic things so you can get a feel for objects that you might put organic things on.
ok, so instead of a black square practice with something more, something-like?

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
And always do the coloring last, otherwise you will have a bad time
that's the thing though with ms paint, at such low res It's harder to draw outlines then colour in, I did all of that with the pencil and paintbrush
Dude that shit is AMAZING!!! Even for ms paint I never thought people would use it for that good art WOW!! You deserve that in a museum
I wouldn't go to that extent, but thank you

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
While we try to hide our demons,
our barricades fail upon the lightest touch.
we cannot hide them forever,
options are slim.
while they still see from inside,
our wrecked foundations,
foundations of us,
foundations they tore,
they crave freedom.
HiddenFigure_Vines.png

I’m no master of the art, but got a few tricks from messing around for countless hours doing real life map overlays and a huge lost map tile set for a game creator program; I never got to actually putting a game together but was great fun figuring out pattern designs for buildings, walls, ground and whatever...

Imagine maybe it was 24x24 pix tiles, making modular tiles such as a roof peak, trough, edge left/right and solid shingle in various styles that could be used to create a roof of any size with window pop outs;
That was great fun

Wish iPhone had something similar

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
While we try to hide our demons,
our barricades fail upon the lightest touch.
we cannot hide them forever,
options are slim.
while they still see from inside,
our wrecked foundations,
foundations of us,
foundations they tore,
they crave freedom.
View attachment 37150
at night I have a night-light overlay on my screen, missed some mistakes, so here's the updated version, with more vines
HiddenFigure_Vines.png