Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The final challenge, and i get team hawk, the badge I’ve awaited to get for so long. and now, I can finally grasp it.
getting to orbit and deploying Probe Satellite
CAEA8D92-FDD2-4A53-877C-C0A7692FE06E.png EFA8F0E6-8C69-4AAD-B335-8FED3E7A346A.png A70BE424-9DD0-4281-9BAF-202C6AC6FBBA.png
reentry and heat shield jettison
912BB5C1-57CB-460A-BE2F-734AB698C68E.png 0A5ADF39-9AF3-49B7-B79C-ADA9A0002D43.png 0A5ADF39-9AF3-49B7-B79C-ADA9A0002D43.png
landing and achievements
31311E69-F81F-4500-B182-0DA908921D17.png F5D16768-DD91-4E64-AE05-078C5361787C.png

Attachments

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
i Hope it Passes, there’s no rules stopping me from achieving this badge.
i can wait for weeks, I could wait for eternity (starship still wouldn’t have launched the orbital test)
just one more badge you guys!

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I think you've misunderstood something. The fly me to the moon challenge is to build a shuttle, not just getting to orbit and reentering.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
These are shuttles:
Screenshot_20230405-191601.png
Screenshot_20230405-191617.png
Screenshot_20230405-191642.png
Screenshot_20230405-191820.png
Screenshot_20230405-192017.png
Screenshot_20230405-191947.png

These are just since of mine, If you look at TT's, Mars Pathfinder , AK's or blazer's shuttles they are better

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The final challenge, and i get team hawk, the badge I’ve awaited to get for so long. and now, I can finally grasp it.
View attachment 101487 View attachment 101488 View attachment 101489
View attachment 101490 View attachment 101491 View attachment 101491
landing and achievements
View attachment 101493 View attachment 101494
Let's put some heat shield sideways to the rocket and call it shuttles!
If making a shuttle is that easy then it won't be in team hawk

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
View attachment 101487 View attachment 101488 View attachment 101489
View attachment 101490 View attachment 101491 View attachment 101491
landing and achievements
View attachment 101493 View attachment 101494
As a shuttle uh builder or somethin like that I'll rate this under 3.5/10 cause it's just all hail mary throw design

Here's what we lookin for on the challenge:
The shape of it
- shuttles are like airplanes they need to be shape with aerodynamic like birb design some either go on bathtub design or some like are like a plane-ish design. (yes I'm lookin at you STS and buran)

The thing you've done there is nowhere on birb design, it's just a slap n go design.

THIS PART NEEDS TO BE FOCUSED AND I WANNA SEE THE RESULT OF IT, YOU CAN ASK ME SOME ADVICE IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT

Heat Shields don't get ejected
- the sin you've done there is that ejecting a heat shield. Ejectin em defeats the purpose of reusability. Shuttles aren't Starliner ejectin their heat shield before their landin isn't? So on next attempt don't eject em.

Payload
- shuttles carry a payload bay, one of the purpose of shuttle is to yeet somethin into abyss or get somethin from the abyss and yeet it back to lovely motherly earth. The (irl) flown shuttles can carry payload 30 tons of yeetable stuff to orbit but here in sfs we can yeet heavier (the heavier you yeet here the better)

Also your payload bay must capable to kidnap somebody's satellite and carry that to your back. So I wanna see your next design on that.

The Stack Configuration
- so there's multiple ways you can yeet your shuttle and your payload into abyss one of em can be side mounted and the other one is ala DynaSoar/Saturn Shuttle/Dream Chaser like stack

*Side stack can be seen on STS and Buran
-note you can do off centre or still symmetrical engine config here

*The vertical stack ala saturn shuttle stack
-note this is the most easy stack cause you won't mess with off centre engine burn that requires to counteract with other means (I'm just lazy so yeah)

Welll there's a lot of room you can improved tbh just ask me or somebody that builds shuttles for advices. You'll get better.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
As a shuttle uh builder or somethin like that I'll rate this under 3.5/10 cause it's just all hail mary throw design

Here's what we lookin for on the challenge:
The shape of it
- shuttles are like airplanes they need to be shape with aerodynamic like birb design some either go on bathtub design or some like are like a plane-ish design. (yes I'm lookin at you STS and buran)

The thing you've done there is nowhere on birb design, it's just a slap n go design.

THIS PART NEEDS TO BE FOCUSED AND I WANNA SEE THE RESULT OF IT, YOU CAN ASK ME SOME ADVICE IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT

Heat Shields don't get ejected
- the sin you've done there is that ejecting a heat shield. Ejectin em defeats the purpose of reusability. Shuttles aren't Starliner ejectin their heat shield before their landin isn't? So on next attempt don't eject em.

Payload
- shuttles carry a payload bay, one of the purpose of shuttle is to yeet somethin into abyss or get somethin from the abyss and yeet it back to lovely motherly earth. The (irl) flown shuttles can carry payload 30 tons of yeetable stuff to orbit but here in sfs we can yeet heavier (the heavier you yeet here the better)

Also your payload bay must capable to kidnap somebody's satellite and carry that to your back. So I wanna see your next design on that.

The Stack Configuration
- so there's multiple ways you can yeet your shuttle and your payload into abyss one of em can be side mounted and the other one is ala DynaSoar/Saturn Shuttle/Dream Chaser like stack

*Side stack can be seen on STS and Buran
-note you can do off centre or still symmetrical engine config here

*The vertical stack ala saturn shuttle stack
-note this is the most easy stack cause you won't mess with off centre engine burn that requires to counteract with other means (I'm just lazy so yeah)

Welll there's a lot of room you can improved tbh just ask me or somebody that builds shuttles for advices. You'll get better.
3.5 is generous

Status
Not open for further replies.