Futuristic lunar base

Well, you like it or not, that's the reality: you cheated in a game. Cheating is dishonest.
Dishonest how? Did I unfairly receive some reward or score I don’t know about? Did I advance some level? Was there any benefit to me at all? Did i lie about using the settings? Or are you just assuming
I’m some dishonest sociopath who lies for the sake of lying? Show me where the dishonesty occurred. You asked what settings I used and I pretty openly told you. “I made this using these settings”. Where was I dishonest?

Look. I’ve already gotten enough DMs from others here, complementing what I’ve made, and disagreeing with you- to know you’re just a troll out looking for an argument. This could have been a positive conversation. You made it a negative one by opening it with insults. It was also completely unnecessary one. If you don’t have something nice to say, then move along. If a group of players wants to pass judgement on me for what I make and how I make it, because I’m not doing it their way. That’s their problem. Not mine. It’s a shallow and closed minded way to think, and a petty and ridiculous thing to start an argument over. Good luck to you.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You can call it lazy. I’ll call it having a life.
I am genuinely laughing at this. You say this without knowing a thing about me. You just think I don't have a life, because of the time I take to respond, LMAO.

So stop throwing the word “cheater” around as if you know what it mean
A cheater is a person that uses cheats (aka, YOU).

Uses cheats = cheater = dishonest

Soooo, call yourself artist all you want, you are still a cheater. There's a billion other people building 1000 more awesome stuff than what you did here without cheats.

Planet Editing? I’m on an iPad. We don’t have that stuff. You’re going to tell me using functions within the game settings is “cheating”. But “planet editing” is ok? Seriously? You must grasp how incredibly hypocritical that is.
Planet editing is available for all platforms, lol.

Also, why aesthetic planet editing is wrong?The game doesn't have all the planets, so why not make them yourself? There's even a couple of galaxy packs out here.
By using the cheats.

Did I unfairly receive some reward or score I don’t know about?
Yes, a lunar base.

Did I advance some level?
Yes, you cheated a base to the Moon.
Show me where the dishonesty occurred.
In the part where you turned on the cheats.
Look. I’ve already gotten enough DMs from others here, complementing what I’ve made, and disagreeing with you- to know you’re just a troll out looking for an argument. This could have been a positive conversation. You made it a negative one by opening it with insults. It was also completely unnecessary one. If you don’t have something nice to say, then move along. If a group of players wants to pass judgement on me for what I make and how I make it, because I’m not doing it their way. That’s their problem. Not mine. It’s a shallow and closed minded way to think, and a petty and ridiculous thing to start an argument over. Good luck to you.
I can tell you roughly the same thing. This is a forum, a place for criticism. If you don't like my posts don't read them, ignore them. But still, here you are, replying to each and every one of my posts with dumb assumptions

I am genuinely laughing at this. You say this without knowing a thing about me. You just think I don't have a life, because of the time I take to respond, LMAO.
Somehow I’m not surprised. If you’re actually tracking the conversation, you’d understand I was responding to you calling me lazy, for using infinite fuel/not wanting to bother with refueling. Whatever your thing is with response time is beyond me.

Soooo, call yourself artist all you want, you are still a cheater. There's a billion other people building 1000 more awesome stuff than what you did here without cheats.
I haven’t been dishonest about anything. I made things and was forthcoming with how I did it. You not liking it doesn’t make it dishonest. Sorry. ‍♂️

Yes, you cheated a base to the Moon
If it’s “cheating”. Why is it within the normal game settings? Doesn’t really make sense does it?

Thats like if the Olympics provided all the competitors with free performance enhancing products, but then punished them for using them.

Planet editing is available for all platforms, lol.

Also, why aesthetic planet editing is wrong?The game doesn't have all the planets, so why not make them yourself? There's even a couple of galaxy packs out here.

By using the cheats.

Yes, a lunar base.

Yes, you cheated a base to the Moon.

In the part where you turned on the cheats.

I can tell you roughly the same thing. This is a forum, a place for criticism. If you don't like my posts don't read them, ignore them. But still, here you are, replying to each and every one of my posts with dumb assumptions
“Dumb” assumptions? Are you lowering yourself to personal attacks and insults now? Well. That tells me about all I need to know about you.

And actually, with you clearly bring the smart one in the conversation, I’m suprised you dont remember. This all started with you being the one on my post. So I’ll offer you the same advice. If you don’t like them, don’t read them.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I haven’t been dishonest about anything. I made things and was forthcoming with how I did it. You not liking it doesn’t make it dishonest. Sorry. ‍♂️
Sorry, but this argument has never been about my opinion. Not a single moment. It is about facts.

By definition, a "doer" is someone who "does" something, right?
So, a "cheater", is someone who cheats, in this case you.

Facts: you are a cheater. Not opinions.

If it’s “cheating”. Why is it within the normal game settings? Doesn’t really make sense does it?
Yes, it does. They are there for testing.

Generally, when people want to test a system they use the cheats to simulate certain conditions, environments, like the space, or the conditions of another planet.

Planet editors use the cheats to get fast to the planets they create, to see if they did it right. People also uses them to assemble large rockets on the launchpad, like the one I showed you, and again, that one is not the biggest rocket here, by a lot.

Of course, once the rocket is assembled they disable the cheats and do everything legally.

“Dumb” assumptions? Are you lowering yourself to personal attacks and insults now? Well. That tells me about all I need to know about you.
You were the one who attacked me in first place. Look here:
You aren’t encouraging you’re trolling. You aren’t critiquing you’re judging. And you aren’t welcoming. You’re alienating.
That's not an argument, that's a personal attack.

Now going back to your last post, what's funny is the way you called cheating "having a life", as if honest players, or especifically me, don't have a life.

That's genuinely laughable, because you don't know a thing about me, or about this community, and you just assume honest players, or again, me, don't have a life simply because we take our time to do everything honestly, and without taking easy and lazy approach.

Which was a very dumb move by your side.

And actually, with you clearly bring the smart one in the conversation, I’m suprised you dont remember. This all started with you being the one on my post.
No, this all started by you finding a relation between weather and infinite fuel and me pointing it out.
So I’ll offer you the same advice. If you don’t like them, don’t read them.
I would love to be able to do that. Trust me, you are NOT the first user that I would like to just... ignore...
BUT my position as a moderator forces me to see and read everything posted in this forum. You are the one who can do it, just click on my username and click "Ignore", Is very easy.

G

Ghost220819

And if you don’t like being wrong, don’t reply. You’re a troll looking for an argument. Nothing more.
Blazer, a troll? Really? He's a staff member, forum legend, ect. He's just giving you constructive criticism. In the end, he's trying to help you get better at the game.

All the stuff you've built with cheats could easily be built without them, it adds a challenge to the game and from I've seen in this thread you are perfectly capable of building this all without cheats. Do you not like a challenge?

Blazer, a troll? Really? He's a staff member, forum legend, ect. He's just giving you constructive criticism. In the end, he's trying to help you get better at the game.

All the stuff you've built with cheats could easily be built without them, it adds a challenge to the game and from I've seen in this thread you are perfectly capable of building this all without cheats. Do you not like a challenge?
I don’t mind a challenge. I don’t mind constructive criticism. In fact I appreciate it. And I appreciate what you’re saying. But I’m sorry- a “Staff member” coming onto the post and opening by calling what I’ve built as “sad”, because I didn’t do it his way- and then making it a point to repeatedly refer to me as “Dishonest” and “cheater” not to mention calling me “dumb” over and over again- for a standard I didn’t even know existed- just doesn’t seem anything like constructive criticism to me. In fact- nothing was said that wasn’t sandwiched in insults, sarcasm, personal attacks, or just a generally condescending and combative attitude. It doesn’t seem at all like the sort of behavior I would expect from a staff member. I would think that a staff member would say something along the lines of;

“Hey. I see you put a lot of effort into your build. Just so you know, the community here is more focused on builds we get into space without using those options, as it adds a competitive aspect to the game.”

See? A message very easily conveyed without insults. Sarcasm, or personal attacks.

Being a staff member doesn’t excuse a complete lack of regard for those you're speaking to.

If it were my board, and one of my moderators came at a new player that way, he or she wouldn’t be a moderator any more.

And a “staff member” with any integrity, who was actually here to help people and support a community of players, would apologize for an approach like that.

G

Ghost220819

I would think that a staff member would say something along the lines of;

“Hey. I see you put a lot of effort into your build. Just so you know, the community here is more focused on builds we get into space without using those options, as it adds a competitive aspect to the game.”

See? A message very easily conveyed without insults. Sarcasm, or personal attacks.
I'll admit, that probably would have been a much better way to approach it. But hey, everyone makes mistakes. I don't have much else to say.

Scientia Space Agency

TEAM HAWK
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Guys I think that everyone can play SFS in his way, but for me the true essence of this game is challenging ourselves to adapt our ideas and how we execute them in one of, if not the, most realistic spaceflight simulator free to everyone. So good building Sinister, but I think that doing this in a more challenging way can tremendously improve your skills. Think about a mission where you can't fit your creation in a normal building grid, how you'll solve it? Modularity, so maybe you can start practicing now and in the process quit the cheats, think how much more impressive your creation will be to us, like mine Interplanetary Station, completely free version, no cheats or tricks. (notice the giants solar panels, modular units, a simple configuration but pretty cool)
IMG_98A804EBD7C0-1.jpeg

Gene

Discord Staff
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I would like to put my thoughts in here.

Using cheats to assemble a rocket is completely fine. But once its assembled and the cheats are turned off I do the mission without them.
I agree that people should be able to play the game how the like. In the way that they find most enjoyable, that be using cheats or not.

But if you are gonna make a fuss over cheating I would say that Clipping is also cheating.
This forum unlike all the other sfs public spaces is much more mission focused. And clipping is allowed in all the challenges which seems kinda ridiculous to me. I get the clipping can improve aesthetics(But that can also be done in no clip if you know what your doing) but it entirely removes the skill from missions and game. You don't need to use skills to clip 1000 fuel tanks and engines. But in fairness most people avoid that. But even still you could build a rocket fly the mission and not make it to the destination. You got back and clip more engines and fuel tanks. If you were not clipping you would have to consider how to improve the rocket and make trade offs.

Scientia Space Agency

TEAM HAWK
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I can partially agree with that, clipping is accountable as cheating if used in some ways, ad example clipping fuel tanks is absolutely a cheat for me, but for the engines I think that a partial sovrapposition shouldn't be counted as cheating, especially for high trust engines on boosters, until SRBs will be added to the game. But generally if clipping allow you to do more while keeping reasonable amount of realism in should be allowed.

Gene

Discord Staff
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I can see your point but its a very blurry line between cheating and keeping realism

LoveOfSpace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Planet Editing? I’m on an iPad. We don’t have that stuff. You’re going to tell me using functions within the game settings is “cheating”. But “planet editing” is ok? Seriously? You must grasp how incredibly hypocritical that is.
I agree, some like the sandbox and some like the challenge

I know I am late. I've read your entire argument. There is no cheating in regular spaceflight. For there to be cheating there would have to be a goal and/or points to win. This is a simulated game built for entertainment, imagination, and for a great time killer. Using the mods that clearly come with the game is perfectly fine. You as an admin should know this.

Except in the heavy lifting challenge.
I know I am late. I've read your entire argument. There is no cheating in regular spaceflight. For there to be cheating there would have to be a goal and/or points to win. This is a simulated game built for entertainment, imagination, and for a great time killer. Using the mods that clearly come with the game is perfectly fine. You as an admin should know this.