Game crashing

When I’m zoomed out to far and I go to hit map it boots me, can start right back up but anyways...my lazy ass always forgets to zoom back in

T

TtTOtW

It will crash if it can't handle the load. The load consists of the number of crafts to register actively at the same time, and the number of parts they are made of, as well as animation for animated parts and calculations for driven crafts (increases per engine that is active). Last but not least is collision calculation. Near a surface or object the system "prepares" for impact calculations . Oh... loading a saved game list also adds to the load. Especially if you have even one heavy save file. Do any of these to improve your situation:
Switch off engines (including RCS)
Close solar panels.
Get more than 1km (or 5km to really cut all related calculations) from anything.
Clear debris.
Delete redundant spacecraft.
Zoom in on a planet or moon so calculations for other planets can be marginalised.
Reduce the size of your larger crafts. (This relates more to the number of parts than its size.)
Use less structural parts (they're inexplicably heavy on graphic demand.)
Reduce the weight of save files (all of the above should be done ideally before saving, or the save will be a heavy one.)