general photography (you can post your pictures here if you want to)

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
Didn’t know the Capitol building was shiny.
Ain't that fancy.
in the picture its shiny but its because it was sunset and the sun is directly reflected on it, so thats why it looks like it shines, and it actually does!

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
in the picture its shiny but its because it was sunset and the sun is directly reflected on it, so thats why it looks like it shines, and it actually does!
You learn something new every day.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
IMG_20190824_200306622_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190816_192307927.jpg
IMG_0842.JPG

I haven't been able to take many pictures lately, but here are some from the past summer or two.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
And these
(I couldn't send them for some reason, so I took a screenshot of them)
IMG_20200103_185009692_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200129_123424214.jpg
Screenshot_20200406-010905.png

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
B8B10F12-5EA0-4DB3-B37F-EA2CC917904D.jpeg

iPad cameras are trash but you can still take ok pictures

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Some lightning from the storm last night:
3C361F1F-56B2-496E-98D7-797461A1F7C4.jpeg
8843CE33-11B4-4E4E-8CD7-DE516F744016.jpeg
8C43DB9F-D984-4C6C-916D-E894841E09E8.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Awesome! I hear lightning is difficult to take pictures of.
It actually isn’t that bad. All I have to do is hold down the shutter button until I get a frame with a good solid bolt.

I could not for life of me get a good pic of this crazy caterpillar with my phone, but check out the antennae on this thing or maybe that’s a false head I couldn’t tell which end was which
04D6B56A-9D20-42A7-8138-E34F762C04A3.jpeg

Jupiter

Registered
the moon as it was on april 8th, first time doing stacking of astronomical objects
moon 4-8-20.png

a one hour startrail i shot while i was processing that moon picture the following day. i had to lower the resolution because the image was so big
Startrails low res.png

the moon the day of the startrail. im not particularly proud of this one because of the colors and oversaturation but i still like it nevertheless...
moon 4-9-20.png

jupiter the following day, i had to wake up at 4:30AM to photograph it, first time actually getting details on jupiter's atmosphere
jupiter without chromatic aberration 4-10-20.png

from left to right, mars, saturn and jupiter almost perfectly aligned in the sky at 5AM
View attachment DSC_0018.jpg
saturn the next day. first time properly doing saturn, not very proud of it, i think the telescope was a little bit unfocused.
reprocessed saturn 4-11-20.jpg

mars the same day. same thing, i feel like the telescope was a little unfocused
mars 4-11-20.png

i got around 400 frames for each one, the moon, jupiter, saturn and mars. i got 150 for the startrail. i have a 2gb sd card right now so you can imagine me taking off the card and emptying it into the pc every few minutes...

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
the moon as it was on april 8th, first time doing stacking of astronomical objects View attachment 35960
a one hour startrail i shot while i was processing that moon picture the following day. i had to lower the resolution because the image was so big
View attachment 35961
the moon the day of the startrail. im not particularly proud of this one because of the colors and oversaturation but i still like it nevertheless...
View attachment 35962
jupiter the following day, i had to wake up at 4:30AM to photograph it, first time actually getting details on jupiter's atmosphere
View attachment 35963
from left to right, mars, saturn and jupiter almost perfectly aligned in the sky at 5AM
View attachment 35964
saturn the next day. first time properly doing saturn, not very proud of it, i think the telescope was a little bit unfocused.
View attachment 35965
View attachment 35966
i got around 400 frames for each one, the moon, jupiter, saturn and mars. i got 150 for the startrail. i have a 2gb sd card right now so you can imagine me taking off the card and emptying it into the pc every few minutes...
Brilliant photos!

the moon as it was on april 8th, first time doing stacking of astronomical objects View attachment 35960
View attachment 35961
View attachment 35962
View attachment 35963
View attachment 35964
View attachment 35965
View attachment 35966
What's your telescope name?

I guess its celestron

Jupiter

Registered
What's your telescope name?

I guess its celestron
my telescope is weird... its from a small company called tasco, its a refractor telescope, but i also have a celestron astromaster 130eq. its just that the barlow lens on it dont want to work so the images on it are blurry. thats why i use the refractor instead. i use a nikon d5200 dslr camera btw

those are really good pictures! for the moon one, you should consider taking several pictures at once and stacking them later