Give me your mission idea

Perhaps a land on moon mission, put a rover made with a probe, landing leg, and regular wheels inside a faring, land the rocket on the moon, use a landing leg to get the rover down onto the moon and Perfect

Azuraaa

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh, because now a "simple" rover is too challenging too? Then I give up. I don't see how I can propose you something that's both easy and epic. At some point you'll have to choose, there's no such thing as an easy performance.
No thats not what i mean lol i meant the shuttle mission

T

TtTOtW

Don't ask i just hate and its just overrated like basicly ever space movie has it or something similar
Overrated.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...DIE YOU SCUM.

Think. THINK. What is more challenging to fly? What requires more skill to build? The guy who can fly a rocket cannot necessarily fly a shuttle, but basically any monkey can take a rocket up to space, except obviously that one guy here on the forum that don't know how to point prograde. Listen pal, around here engineering and skill matters. We don't breed zombies, we breed experts. And while you do not have to be a shuttle fan, if you are going to hate on something that definitively indicate higher skill in the builder and flyer of it, then you're going to have a real hard time around here real soon. If you struggle to build and fly a shuttle, don't go and insult shuttles. You are the one that sucks.
02.04.2022_06.58.34_REC.png

Overrated.

...DIE YOU SCUM.

Think. THINK. What is more challenging to fly? What requires more skill to build? The guy who can fly a rocket cannot necessarily fly a shuttle, but basically any monkey can take a rocket up to space, except obviously that one guy here on the forum that don't know how to point prograde. Listen pal, around here engineering and skill matters. We don't breed zombies, we breed experts. And while you do not have to be a shuttle fan, if you are going to hate on something that definitively indicate higher skill in the builder and flyer of it, then you're going to have a real hard time around here real soon. If you struggle to build and fly a shuttle, don't go and insult shuttles. You are the one that sucks.
View attachment 83358
Shuttles are hard to fly, in order to fly one in SFS you need to look at some space shuttle tutorials and facts, me personally likes the average space shuttle, here’s a tip to how to fly one: try going to h to the right instead of left, if you go left it will flip back and make you crash, once in the stratosphere in the game, near the karma line at 30 KM, release the SRB’s then, continue flying while transferring fuel to the engines, once in a decent half-orbit around SFS earth or modded SFS earth, release the External Tank, Then turn off the main engines and turn on a Valiant or a Frontier, Once your in a perfect or near perfect orbit you can wait a bit if you so choose, once you wanna land de orbit the shuttle pull out parachutes, you shall need parachutes in the front and back if you don’t want to crash, make sure to add heat shields due to Re-Entry.

A
Shuttles are hard to fly, in order to fly one in SFS you need to look at some space shuttle tutorials and facts, me personally likes the average space shuttle, here’s a tip to how to fly one: try going to h to the right instead of left, if you go left it will flip back and make you crash, once in the stratosphere in the game, near the karma line at 30 KM, release the SRB’s then, continue flying while transferring fuel to the engines, once in a decent half-orbit around SFS earth or modded SFS earth, release the External Tank, Then turn off the main engines and turn on a Valiant or a Frontier, Once your in a perfect or near perfect orbit you can wait a bit if you so choose, once you wanna land de orbit the shuttle pull out parachutes, you shall need parachutes in the front and back if you don’t want to crash, make sure to add heat shields due to Re-Entry.
They are certainly overrated my friend, pretty difficult

I also have another mission submission, try putting a satellite in orbit around earth, add extra satellites on that satellite and shoot the other satellites into orbit

T

TtTOtW

Sounds like you're planning to use infinite fuel... No sir. Not an option.The best SFS pilots are shuttle builders and fliers. And infinite fuel is taboo.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
No thats not what i mean lol i meant the shuttle mission
Oh, ok. Well, I'm not the one who talked about a shuttle.

If you don't like shuttles it's fine, you can do whatever you want instead. But if I can give you an advice, you shouldn't overlook the "common" missions. They still offer a challenge and you'll learn a lot of things doing them. A Venus return mission is not to be taken lightly for example, it's a real challenge to land safely something there and be able to fly back. You know, we all started with those before considering great and impressive missions.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Overrated.

...DIE YOU SCUM.

View attachment 83358
I'll take Azuraa's defense there, because you know, I've never built a shuttle myself. I don't even like them to be honest. That's not against shuttles themselves, I still have a lot of admiration for the real one, that was truly an engineering marvel. But in a game that has no proper aerodynamics simulation I don't see the interest. If I had to build a reusable cargo ship (which is basically the mission that fulfills the shuttle) I would rather go with a Starship-like thing, that the game simulates way more accurately. And I'm not especially a Space X fan.

I know that shuttles are your thing, but there are other ways to be good at the game than flying a shuttle. If he doesn't like shuttles this is his right, he's not insulting them.

T

TtTOtW

I'll take Azuraa's defense there, because you know, I've never built a shuttle myself. I don't even like them to be honest. That's not against shuttles themselves, I still have a lot of admiration for the real one, that was truly an engineering marvel. But in a game that has no proper aerodynamics simulation I don't see the interest. If I had to build a reusable cargo ship (which is basically the mission that fulfills the shuttle) I would rather go with a Starship-like thing, that the game simulates way more accurately. And I'm not especially a Space X fan.

I know that shuttles are your thing, but there are other ways to be good at the game than flying a shuttle. If he doesn't like shuttles this is his right, he's not insulting them.
I gotcha. Hate is a bit specific though. Especially when not meant jokingly. I mean we hate this stupid obsession with Falcon 9 replicas right? But we don't hate the rocket. It's pretty good.
And while you do not have to be a shuttle fan, if you are going to hate on something that definitively indicate higher skill in the builder and flyer of it, then you're going to have a real hard time around here real soon.
See?

Azuraaa

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
this forum post is decending into chaos what about i just ignore this for a year or two and come back to this post
'seems like a horrible idea to me'

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
You can ask a mod to lock this thread, so people can't reply here anymore

T

TtTOtW

You're too lazy to type three words?
"Please lock this thread"
I don't get you
Counting with marmilo lol
And he wonders why I'm critical of him...
Also I offer first grade revisions of mathematics for those interested.