Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
The fairing is there because otherwise the rocket suffered from aerodynamic instability. Flipped every time I tried to begin gravity turn. But basically this is infinite fuel, but without anything that would show you use it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Link works now. I think you just invented flying saucers.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Anyone else have an issue where crafts adjacent to the launch pad will randomly disappear?
Yes, I've had it once. The craft that disappeared was even on the launchpad. I intentionally placed a rocket to my recent 1kton lifter to compare their size. But when I flew it, the launcher that remained on the launchpad disappeared.
Same here. I had three crafts on the launchpad, spaced widely apart.
Launched the middle one, and then after getting above the karman lane I looked back; the craft on the right side of the launchpad had disappeared without a trace, leaving only the one on the left side. Pretty cool trick, since it weighed 4,000 tonnes.

And now for a new glitch.... I feel down and broke the large "aerodynamic fuselages" that were connecting the landing gear to the rocket. But the landing gear are still somehow attached to my rocket.
Screenshot_20200622-132344.png

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
The trick is to turn ions on in the bp, that's it
Screenshot_20200622-160523.png

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I found a strange bug where when you transfer fuel between tanks while sitting on the launchpad your rocket will either start to float up or sink down depending on what direction the fuel is flowing.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I found a strange bug where when you transfer fuel between tanks while sitting on the launchpad your rocket will either start to float up or sink down depending on what direction the fuel is flowing.
Same. It can go sideways too, if that's the direction you're transferring fuel in.
Worst case: You tansfer so much fuel downwards that your rocket is floating high in the air, and then all hell breaks loose when it falls. o_O Only happens if you timewarp to transfer fuel faster?
Seems that what's going on is the position of the rocket depends on the centre of mass, and when you transfer fuel, the centre of mass moves, and the game changes the physical location of the rocket to match it.

Fuel tanks sometimes seeme to "unweld" and form separate composite tanks...
View attachment 39604
Also happened to me when I released payload.:eek: And like yours, the tanks that separated were very clearly connected in such a way that would work in 1.4.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I launched a rocket and dropped some fairings, and later I realized the fairings had stopped maybe 2km above the surface of the earth and weren't moving. When I switched to one of them, it would continue moving and crash into the ground, but the other stayed stationary until I switched to it.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yesterday, I launched a rocket and dropped some fairings, and later I realized the fairings had stopped maybe 2km above the surface of the earth and weren't moving. When I switched to one of them, it would continue moving and crash into the ground, but the other stayed stationary until I switched to it.
Most likely just passed out of physics range and decided to stop moving. I have seen it a few times.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Also happened to me when I released payload.:eek: And like yours, the tanks that separated were very clearly connected in such a way that would work in 1.4.
Solved for my particular rocket...
I found the seam where the tanks decided to unweld themselves, and got rid of it, aka replacing two tank parts with one tank.
I have no idea why that seam was causing problems, but getting rid of it fixed it.
I was lucky that my rocket configuration allowed me to do that, I realise that replacing two tank parts with one tank part will not be possible with every rocket that has this problem. :(

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
A similar problem to the tanks issue here, but fairings can unweld too. On my space station I had some modules made out of fairings (locked shut of course). Not sure why, but they would still open sometimes.

A similar problem to the tanks issue here, but fairings can unweld too. On my space station I had some modules made out of fairings (locked shut of course). Not sure why, but they would still open sometimes.
One of my fairing habs blew up and there’s an odd remaining part like it turned sideways, it’s welded like that now
1D405D16-221E-41E4-B1A5-22F53CB95B04.png
Found the other half looks the same, both ends were(n’t) welded with a 6x port cap and a probe inside
3196F3B6-367F-4781-A01C-DE7788F24499.jpeg
The base slice is reversed between them now that I look closer

...I set my hab launch up to test redesigns on the pad and neither would blow up, then I went back to the moon and tried the other hab on the station and that wouldn’t blow up either though all 3 made the ka-schunk noise

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
"Shuttle, this is Houston. Can you comfrm SRB Separation?"
"Houston, I, ehhh... I think we have a small problem here...":

Screenshot_20200713-081919.png

I don't know why this happens... That booster is secured. Is not even supposed to detach...

T

TtTOtW

"Shuttle, this is Houston. Can you comfrm SRB Separation?"
"Houston, I, ehhh... I think we have a small problem here...":

View attachment 41751
I don't know why this happens... That booster is secured. Is not even supposed to detach...
Got that with Sabre BX as well. If you pop them before liftoff that should avoid this.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Well, I got the blue screen of death today. I was getting a bit worried as closing and reopening the app didn’t fix it, but I eventually got it working again thankfully.
53CAFA76-D8A0-48CC-961A-C9B7012583E5.png