bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If you find any glitches or exploits, share them here! This thread is partially to have fun with them and partially to point them out.
Hello Earl. Just getting into bp editing myself. Still exploring the boundaries. Pushing things until they break. Speaking of which do you have a clue at what point things start to explode? Speed?

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I tried to smash mine off with my assembly drone, but I destroyed the station.
I've had ports lock onto a bare tank like it had a docking port. Then release when I tap it. Thankful for small favors.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Hello Earl. Just getting into bp editing myself. Still exploring the boundaries. Pushing things until they break. Speaking of which do you have a clue at what point things start to explode? Speed?
There is not actually a poiny where the game just destroys your craft, but things can get kind of wierd at really high speeds. Parts may drift apart despite being attached to each other, some may rotate, etc. But that only happens at speeds that would take days to reach normally. It may have been patched as well.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Unless you mean the speed at which parts explode upon impact?

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There is not actually a poiny where the game just destroys your craft, but things can get kind of wierd at really high speeds. Parts may drift apart despite being attached to each other, some may rotate, etc. But that only happens at speeds that would take days to reach normally. It may have been patched as well.
Like your rover if you clear too much air going over a hill. Landing doesn't look that bad but the explosions begin

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I have also had similar stuff happen extremely far away from the sun. This was in 1.35 though so again, not sure if it still happens.
6A80FF49-21B6-4E0A-9F1B-5A016D36C899.jpeg

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding. A lot of parts are pretty strange. For instance, wheels can go extremely fast horizontally, but explode if they hit the ground too fast vertically. I don't know the exact values for impact thresholds unfortunately.
In general, wheels, landing legs and structural parts are all pretty strong. Also, try surrounding your builds with 1x1 structural pieces, they maje a nice cushion. But anyway, I'm sure someone else here can give you a more accurate answer.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I have a monstrosity I immediately saved. Haven't put it to good use yet but tops out around 9,000 m/s. Don't know if that's good or not
It definitely isn't bad! If you split it into multiple stages I bet you could get even more speed out of it.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding. A lot of parts are pretty strange. For instance, wheels can go extremely fast horizontally, but explode if they hit the ground too fast vertically. I don't know the exact values for impact thresholds unfortunately.
In general, wheels, landing legs and structural parts are all pretty strong. Also, try surrounding your builds with 1x1 structural pieces, they maje a nice cushion. But anyway, I'm sure someone else here can give you a more accurate answer.
Good info. Thank you. TT
It definitely isn't bad! If you split it into multiple stages I bet you could get even more speed out of it.
Cleaning it up a little. ʘ‿ʘ (That just looks drugged up)

Attachments

T

TtTOtW

Structs seem to handle up to 8m/s now. Large wheels can still take nearly 30m/s. Tanks and fairings are not able to absorb more than 5 or 6 m/s. Solar panels and parachutes don't clear 2m/s.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Structs seem to handle up to 8m/s now. Large wheels can still take nearly 30m/s. Tanks and fairings are not able to absorb more than 5 or 6 m/s. Solar panels and parachutes don't clear 2m/s.
You nailed it. Make em robust but they're going to have limitations. Quick save is your friend.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Solar panels literally fall from 0.5m and break.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Keep it down!! Keep it down!! :p :p :p

We can't afford another NUCLEAR MELT DOWN HERE!!!

We Can't Risk aNoThEr LeGmAn ExPlOtIoN hErE!!!

Next time Marmilo will be gone after the manner of mine :p:p:p :3 :3 :3
Looks like I'm emitting to much warp radiation again.