Guys wth

I downloaded the KSP solar system mod and when I started the game it had the regular system not the KSP one.. is it because I deleted all of the normal planet .text files? I'm confused here

Last edited:

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
I downloaded the KSP solar system mod and when I started the game it had the regular system not the KSP one.. is it because I deleted all of the normal planet .text files? I'm confused here
Post some screenshots and I might be able to help.

Also, this should have gone to the Help and Support tab.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Did you put everything into their respective folders? Planet files go into the Planets folder, and Textures go into the textures folder.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ay guys I need to know how to spawn on kerbin when I start
Plz, wry no allow me to spawn kerbin!!!

For the same reason why you can't spawn on the moon or Venus. There's one spawn point, regardless of download packs or begging posts.

Earth.

Want to start on Kerbin? Play KSP.

is it because I deleted all of the normal planet .text files?
Very likely, yes. The Kerbin system in the planet pack isn't a separate system, it's a group of planets in orbit of Sol, just waaaay out of the way. All deleting the standard files will do is remove those planets, including your only spawn point, Earth. It won't replace those planets as a one for one swap.

I
It doesn't show..
It does show, you can clearly see the edge of the system on the far right of the screenshot

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
First off: I broke
Second off: my computer broke
Then you'll have to play in the standard solar system with the rest of the regular boys and girls.

Or fly there using the planet pack that someone has provided out of the goodness of their time and be thankful for it...

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
If it doesnt work now, do this.
1. Delete the folder holding all of the planet info
2. close the application and open it again
3. You will find a normal, vanilla system now.
4. Redownload the pack, and dont delete the vanilla planets!
5. Open SFS again and enjoy!

Also if you dont have any packs installed now, you wont lose anything :)

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Ay guys I need to know how to spawn on kerbin when I start
This is possible, but it takes a little bit to set up each time. Follow these instructions to spawn on kerbin.
1. Launch your desired craft
2. open your file viewer/editor and go to your quicksave folder (near the saved build folder)
3. Quicksave your ship
4. Find the quicksave and press edit. Find your ship.
5. Right now it should say it is on earth (at the top of the craft section of the quicksave), delete where it says earth and type Kerbin
6. find the position of your craft on the planet. looks like:
X=-376
Y=301000
Z=0

or something similar. find the Y value and change it to the diameter of kerbin (can be found in kerbin's txt file)

open SFS again and open that save. You should be on the surface. Pretty soon you can do this in under a minute!

This is possible, but it takes a little bit to set up each time. Follow these instructions to spawn on kerbin.
1. Launch your desired craft
2. open your file viewer/editor and go to your quicksave folder (near the saved build folder)
3. Quicksave your ship
4. Find the quicksave and press edit. Find your ship.
5. Right now it should say it is on earth (at the top of the craft section of the quicksave), delete where it says earth and type Kerbin
6. find the position of your craft on the planet. looks like:
X=-376
Y=301000
Z=0

or something similar. find the Y value and change it to the diameter of kerbin (can be found in kerbin's txt file)

open SFS again and open that save. You should be on the surface. Pretty soon you can do this in under a minute!
Thank you so much!

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
You might be having issues with your phone itself... Try a restart.