TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
View attachment 63431
Gylden I’s first crew of 2 has arrived. After achieving this I have decided that the Gylden program will include satellites and possibly stations that go past just Earth. Potentially even as far as Pluto (with the custom solar system I’ve been working on).
Darn, this is gettin better! :D

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Anything over 999,999 meters will be treated as a gas giant by the game I believe. Altair is more knowledgeable. I'm going to go look into that.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I've never been able to land on one. Haven't tried in awhile. I know you can get pretty deep below the surface even now.. Is this 1.5 you can land on?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I've never been able to land on one. Haven't tried in awhile. I know you can get pretty deep below the surface even now.. Is this 1.5 you can land on?
1.52 added a property in each planet file, surface collision can be set to true or false now.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Anything over 999,999 meters will be treated as a gas giant by the game I believe. Altair is more knowledgeable. I'm going to go look into that.
The new one can stop the Jupiter style gas thing! :p

Which means... I'm not gonna drove on a jupiterized earth! :p

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, from now on the terrain collider can be parameterized. By default, the planets with no terrain formula are considered gaseous, so all the existing planet files still work the same as before.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes, from now on the terrain collider can be parameterized. By default, the planets with no terrain formula are considered gaseous, so all the existing planet files still work the same as before.
Have you fixed already the butt pack? Where somethin just ghost the lander over a end of a flat thing. :p

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
So you just remove the terrain data? Because I can land on all the gas giants even though Jupiter is still default

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
1.5.2 adds Terrain collider parameter.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
So you just remove the terrain data? Because I can land on all the gas giants even though Jupiter is still default
I just checked out, it seems I was wrong. I would swear I had tested this before, but anyway...

So apparently now, a planet is solid by default. You have to edit the planet file and add the collider parameter in the terrain data:
Screenshot_20210510-155109_QuickEdit+.jpg
Just set it to false to disable collisions.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
1.52 added a property in each planet file, surface collision can be set to true or false now.

Got it
Good question and good information all around. Excellent. 2 thumbs up. Thanks to everyone. I was working under old premise myself.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The new one can stop the Jupiter style gas thing! :p

Which means... I'm not gonna drove on a jupiterized earth! :p
Laughing. No Jupiter sized road trips? It would probably only take a couple of months:p

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I just checked out, it seems I was wrong. I would swear I had tested this before, but anyway...

So apparently now, a planet is solid by default. You have to edit the planet file and add the collider parameter in the terrain data:
View attachment 63491
Just set it to false to disable collisions.
Thanks! I was never planning on flying into them but it’ll be nice knowing that they aren’t solid anymore

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks! I was never planning on flying into them but it’ll be nice knowing that they aren’t solid anymore
Does collider apply to gas giants only? Are gas giants still determined by diameter? This adds a nice wrinkle. Making a gas giant interesting enough for the challenge of landing AND trying to get back off I don't think gravity can be set to true gas giant intensity

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Does collider apply to gas giants only? Are gas giants still determined by diameter? This adds a nice wrinkle. Making a gas giant interesting enough for the challenge of landing AND trying to get back off I don't think gravity can be set to true gas giant intensity
There's no such thing as a "gas giant" in SFS, technically speaking.
In version 1.52, there's simply a line of code called "terrain collision" or similar, that can be true or false. If it's false, there is no collusion and you have yourself a "gas planet".

Before version 1.52, this was determined by the diameter of the planet, but no more! Now that went out the window in favour of extra code.

And you can set gravity as high as you want. Even to 9999 m/s² or whatever for a black hole.

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Now that I’ve solved the problem of the gas giants being rock giants, I will move onto a different mission which will probably be a satellite to one of the outer planets. I’m also thinking about adding more things to my solar system

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
View attachment 63431
Gylden I’s first crew of 2 has arrived. After achieving this I have decided that the Gylden program will include satellites and possibly stations that go past just Earth. Potentially even as far as Pluto (with the custom solar system I’ve been working on).
Lookin nice!
View attachment 63467 View attachment 63468 View attachment 63469 View attachment 63470 These are the things I added to my solar system. I also have Iapetus around Saturn. My Gylden missions will try to reach almost all of these places
Wait what planet pack is this?

Last edited:

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Lookin nice!
Wait what planet pack is this?
Thank you! And it’s a custom pack that I’ve been working on. It’s by no means amazing but I thought I’d just do it for fun

My solar system has a solid Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune and I don’t know how to fix it, I don’t see any terrain collisions or something like that, can somebody help?

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
My solar system has a solid Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune and I don’t know how to fix it, I don’t see any terrain collisions or something like that, can somebody help?
You go into the file and look for
"textureFormula": [],
And then just copy and paste under it, this
"collider": false,
if you don’t want to be able to collide with the object

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You go into the file and look for
"textureFormula": [],
And then just copy and paste under it, this
"collider": false,
if you don’t want to be able to collide with the object
Finally textureFormula gets some official use.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Have a look at just a few posts above :)
Gylden Stations