Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
Hail Mary is from the book “Project Hail Mary” By: Andy Weir and is going to replica. It is also going to be half scale of the rocket because I want it to fit inside the none DLC build screen. The rocket is only partly functioning and requires help to reach other planets/moons. I hope to continue updating this rocket. There will also be a translation file that changes some wording in game to make Hail Mary more accurate.
No future updates.

Here is version 1 rocket link-
https://sharing.spaceflightsimulator.app/rocket/7RHQ7TSiEe2VGi2XWYf3kQ
Here is version 1 translation file-
https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.p....90928/&hash=93d80b1cead4582074c990a1db6c33e2
Here is version 2 rocket link-
https://sharing.spaceflightsimulator.app/rocket/c4kN-FD5Ee2VNi2XWYf3kQ

Attachments

Last edited:

Rigel

Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
GOOD, GOOD, GOOD! ;)

But notice that the Hail Mary is much more slender as described in the book than in the scheme of the first pages. Andy describes the ship as 47m long. Also, the astrophage fuel tanks are much longer, making about 75% of the ship, with a diameter of 4m each.

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
I based the sizing based of this image. The first few pages shows the smaller size but when I read the book it tells me a different size. This is for v1 only.

1663268392341.jpg

Last edited:

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I don't know why I'm checking this out, I know I'm gonna get spoilers

Rigel

Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Found a passage in Chapter 7 where the ship's length is said to be 47m long, slightly longer than your ship. I highligted it in blue.
***spoiler alert*** do not reat the rest of the paragraph in case you haven't read the novel yet! It contains massive spoilers!!
20220919_011903.jpg

Added Custom Translation File for Hail Mary. Please point out an errors or problems.
:D

I love Project Hail Mary, It's my favorite book of Andy Weir, and one of my favorite books overall,
I find the design of the hail Mary very elegant: it is so simple yet so beautiful, and it also makes sense scientifically, like most of Weir's work. I have recreated it myself and I will post it very soon, but mine uses DLC parts.

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I love Project Hail Mary, It's my favorite book of Andy Weir, and one of my favorite books overall,
I find the design of the hail Mary very elegant: it is so simple yet so beautiful, and it also makes sense scientifically, like most of Weir's work. I have recreated it myself and I will post it very soon, but mine uses DLC parts.
Nice, can't wait!

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Dyson Sphere managed to put megameters of ∆V with Warpd_Dad#5383 (discord) negative mass objects, if you ever come online again, can you tell me why the center of mass is high above the rocket?
Nvm, the buggy stuff was caused by the negative mass objects, who knew that it could break your game

Attachments

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
Dyson Sphere managed to put megameters of ∆V with Warpd_Dad#5383 (discord) negative mass objects, if you ever come online again, can you tell me why the center of mass is high above the rocket?
I do not know why the center of mass is so high above the rocket on your device. I also used no negative mass on the rocket. Or at least not intentionally. And the problem doesn’t exist on my end.

Attachments

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I do not know why the center of mass is so high above the rocket. I also used no negative mass on the rocket. Or at least not intentionally. And the problem doesn’t exist on my end.
You're alive?!?!?!!? Maybe it's something to do with my phone or Warpd_Dad#5383's negative mass objects

Dyson Sphere

The First Dysonaut
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Registered
Maybe it's inverted because it's negative mass. After all, I did put it in the astrophage tanks
There’s our answer. There must be more negative mass in the tanks than the top.

Last edited:

Pizzaya

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
There’s our answer. There must be more negative mass in the tanks than the top.
Great! Now how can we make it work on the center of mass but move it around as center of mass changes (also the fact that when the mass is negative in flight, it spins faster than my dad left me)