Heavy Fuel Supply to Orbit

T

TtTOtW

I'm gonna do something unusual here. I don't normally post blueprints, but here's the latest exception. It's over 1000t of fuel, ready to go.
Screenshot_20200120-181852.png

That is what it takes to slowly liftoff...
Screenshot_20200120-121613.png

HOW TO FLY:
1) Launch from build screen, then when it shows up on the launchpad, exit the game and resume.

2) Set throttle to zero. Now activate all Titans. Make sure you got ALL of them...

3) Set Fuel Transfer from the U-tank to the first stage. Set Throttle to 100% and launch!

4) Straight up to 6000m, then turn to about 45º

5) At stage separation, transfer fuel to the small support tank between the Titans. Fire all engines. Do resist the urge to adjust your angle...

6) In space, deploy the fairings. Clear Debris.

7) When you reach apoapsis, "Follow" your craft and tilt the nose up to stay at apoapsis. Drop it gradually as you see it moving forward so as to stay with it. You'll reach orbit soon.

Now you have some options:
- The support tank can be released after draining it, via the 4 small docking ports.
- You can dock to whatever and drain the 20-30% fuel in the U tank first to a docked craft or head to somewhere interesting.
- Attach a booster of some sort and go supply your Pluto or Mercury colony some much needed fuel.

Credit me if you use this in the public domain.

Attachments

T

The Dark in the Light

I'm gonna do something unusual here. I don't normally post blueprints, but here's the latest exception. It's over 1000t of fuel, ready to go.
View attachment 32580
View attachment 32581

HOW TO FLY:
1) Launch from build screen, then when it shows up on the launchpad, exit the game and resume.

2) Set throttle to zero. Now activate all Titans. Make sure you got ALL of them...

3) Set Fuel Transfer from the U-tank to the first stage. Set Throttle to 100% and launch!

5) At stage separation, transfer fuel to the small support tank between the Titans. Fire all engines. Do resist the urge to adjust your angle...

7) When you reach apoapsis, "Follow" your craft and tilt the nose up to stay at apoapsis. Drop it gradually as you see it moving forward so as to stay with it. You'll reach orbit soon.

- The support tank can be released after draining it, via the 4 small docking ports.
- You can dock to whatever and drain the 20-30% fuel in the U tank first to a docked craft or head to somewhere interesting.
- Attach a booster of some sort and go supply your Pluto or Mercury colony some much needed fuel.

Man, and I thought the rocket I'm using for somewhat heavy lifting was good. Nice job TtTOtW!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
View attachment 32580
View attachment 32581

HOW TO FLY:

Very Nice. Unfortunately, my Mercury base can't even host 40 tons of fuel (doesn't need them) but I'm sure many people will find this rocket very useful :)