Help with quicksave edits?

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Is there a way I can find and delete the craft that are on an escape trajectory from the sun? They are too far away to see on map, but I need to delete them.

Thanks

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Is there a way I can find and delete the craft that are on an escape trajectory from the sun? They are too far away to see on map, but I need to delete them.

Thanks
Yes... I have a thread in mod discussion dealing with quicksave editing, so that'd be a good place to ask questions.

Basically though, you want to go into your quicksave (duh), and locate your crafts which'll be in the location "Sun" (if you have a word find that'll help you a lot). If you're not sure whether you have the right craft, use the achievements list at the end to match it. If you don't ave any other craft in Solar orbit, that'll help you a lot too.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Also, make sure you make a backup beforehand, you always want to make sure you have something to revert to, as it's easy to mess up.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
There's a way, by editing your save. You run on Android if I remember well? On Ios that wouldn't work.

You have to go into your saves folder. Your game state is saved in the Persistant.qks file. The subfolder Quicksaves contains all your saves.

Choose the save you want to edit (it will probably be the persistant), make a backup, and rename it with a .txt extension. Then you can open it with a text file.

All your vessels are listed in this file:
Screenshot_20190531-114856_QuickEdit.jpg
Each vessel is located thanks to its adress (the Sun in this case), which means that it's in the SOI of said body, and its global position coordinates x and y, in meters (z is always 0 since it's a 2D game).

You can simply search the word "globalPosition" to iterate through all of them.

The vessels you want to delete are the one which adress is "Sun", and which coordinates are huge. 15570000000 is at Jupiter level, so all objects that are way further than that probably need to be deleted.

Good luck ;)

(Beaten by the Lieutenant!)

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Thanks! Hopefully I can get rid of them now!