Highest speed in Earth's atmosphere

ShotgunFXM

Man on the Moon
Registered
You have been challenged to make a craft that goes really fast in the Earth's Atmosphere

Rules are as follows:
-No cheats
-No mods
-No Side Separators with over 100kn separation force
-Bp editing is allowed
-The highest velocity in the Earth's atmosphere will be counted and not the highest velocity in space or any other planets
-Accelerating in space is allowed but the craft must reach the Earth's atmosphere for the run to be viable

Probes are recommended but capsules are allowed

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If we are allowed to escape atmosphere, is it allowed then to upload my ship to the outer edge of solar system and fall on Earth from there with maximum interplanetary acceleration?

ShotgunFXM

Man on the Moon
Registered
If we are allowed to escape atmosphere, is it allowed then to upload my ship to the outer edge of solar system and fall on Earth from there with maximum interplanetary acceleration?
First of all I didn't even know that was possible

You can only launch from Earth. From there you can do whatever you want to reach a high speed while entering the atmosphere

Like launching from earth->Reaching the edge of the solar system–>Doing minor adjustments to enter the Earth's atmosphere at maximum velocity is allowed

But straight up launching from the middle of nowhere in the outer edge of the solar system isn't allowed

Also I forgot to mention this but Infinite Build Space is the only cheat that's allowed

ShotgunFXM

Man on the Moon
Registered
Part clipping, engine stretching, over-fueled fuel tanks, no burn marks are allowed too

And no ion engines cause give the damn non-dlc players a chance

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
When you allowed two different cheats at once it becomes much less interesting.

I propose to ban all cheats, no exceptions. And no parts clippings allowed - this is a cheat too.

If you want to make really huge ship - do it in fair way by several launcher from Earth and connect those launches in orbit. And each launch without cheats. You can use even 20+ launches if you wish - and then you will get super-puper huge ship in orbit. And totally without any cheats.

Then it becomes a challenge of game skills, instead of a challenge of who is a better cheater.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I made a quick try at this
VideoCapture_20230214-220945.jpg

It got to 3944 m/s before things started blowing up
VideoCapture_20230214-221021.jpg

And the highest recorded speed was 3997 m/s

ShotgunFXM

Man on the Moon
Registered
When you allowed two different cheats at once it becomes much less interesting.

I propose to ban all cheats, no exceptions. And no parts clippings allowed - this is a cheat too.

If you want to make really huge ship - do it in fair way by several launcher from Earth and connect those launches in orbit. And each launch without cheats. You can use even 20+ launches if you wish - and then you will get super-puper huge ship in orbit. And totally without any cheats.

Then it becomes a challenge of game skills, instead of a challenge of who is a better cheater.
Good idea but it would be super hard to do...

And I like it

New rule: no cheats at all. No exceptions. Bp editing is still a thing but part clipping ain't

Back to the drawing board I go

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hard to do - that is exactly what challenges are for!

I plan to try your challenge, just some days later, have no free time so far.