How big is the SFS moon?

I specifically need to know the length from top to bottom in meters and/or kilometers. I'm starting a project that could be half the size, or even bigger than the moon, but i need to know how big the moon is so I can accurately use it as a reference for my project.

(To me, this seems to be the appropriate forum to ask this question in. If it isn't, do let me know.)

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
I specifically need to know the length from top to bottom in meters and/or kilometers. I'm starting a project that could be half the size, or even bigger than the moon, but i need to know how big the moon is so I can accurately use it as a reference for my project.

(To me, this seems to be the appropriate forum to ask this question in. If it isn't, do let me know.)
Let me do some tests in space flight sim to find out

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

You are aware that because the physics simulation range is 5 km, objects further than that kinda don't exist to the craft you're controlling, right?
As for your question, SFS is the solar system scaled down to 1:20, so just divide the real numbers by 20 (correct me if I'm wrong)

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
You are aware that because the physics simulation range is 5 km, objects further than that kinda don't exist to the craft you're controlling, right?
I’m aware don’t know about him also to make a single craft that big you will lag tones and even with inf biuld area you have to be careful not to move the parts off your screen or they will be deleted
The moon is around 83 km to 82.9 km

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I’m aware don’t know about him also to make a single craft that big you will lag tones and even with inf biuld area you have to be careful not to move the parts off your screen or they will be deleted
The moon is around 83 km to 82.9 km
Are you sure you mean diameter and not radius?

Orion belt inc

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
I mean like down to the moons core so it whould be diameter I think
Here let me post the video of how deep the moon is on my yt or discord ask me what you want me to post it on

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Also, I like the usage of "top" and "bottom" in this context :p

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks for helping. It doesn't matter if the physics has a limit of 5km, i just need to spawn it in, and take a picture.
If all that matters is making a picture... I would seriously consider making a smaller moon in a custom solar system, so that making a ship comparable in size is easier.

1650042756839.png

If yall want some context, im making a diamond shaped, "Space Station City". I have to make both top and bottom half's in their own separate bp to try and make it less laggy. Each half has a height of 4998, and part count of 2504.