Solved How do I become a higher rank

M

Matthew

I'm just wondering how the " rank system " works like how would I or you become a higher rank?

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
I'm just wondering how the " rank system " works like how would I or you become a higher rank?
on the forums you earn trophies for different milestones, the list includes:
  1. 10 points
    I Like It a Lot, Space...
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.
  2. 10 points
    Can't Stop Building!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  3. 2 points
    Well Done Private!
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  4. 5 points
    The Engineer
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  5. 1 point
    We Have A Lift-Off
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
t
on the forums you earn trophies for different milestones, the list includes:
  1. 10 points
    I Like It a Lot, Space...
    Your messages have been liked 25 times.
  2. 10 points
    Can't Stop Building!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
  3. 2 points
    Well Done Private!
    Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  4. 5 points
    The Engineer
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  5. 1 point
    We Have A Lift-Off
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
these are the first ones

T

TtTOtW

What are the ranks tho
It basically points to a certain amount of exposure, thus experience and knowledge, regarding SFS matters and SFS Forum matters. So basically if you post useless things, you'll get less likes and take long to advance, or if you're just invisible and never participate you'll never get anywhere. Refer to the highest ranks for the not necessarily best, but most thoroughly verifiable advice.

It basically points to a certain amount of exposure, thus experience and knowledge, regarding SFS matters and SFS Forum matters. So basically if you post useless things, you'll get less likes and take long to advance, or if you're just invisible and never participate you'll never get anywhere. Refer to the highest ranks for the not necessarily best, but most thoroughly verifiable advice.
I meant like list them but I've got the list now

Wanderer
Rocket analyst
Engineer
Scientist

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Too bad the whole thread explaining all this was removed in the great forum purge.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Too bad the whole thread explaining all this was removed in the great forum purge.
Ah, that's a good remark, we should fix that.

I Had the Same Query Thanks.
For trophies, I can answer you, you can also access the trophy list via the help menu. Here is it:
Screenshot_20200424-135901_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20200424-135912_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20200424-135924_Firefox.jpg

New titles can be unlocked by unlocking those trophies, and expert people can specify a custom title.

Finally, ranks are obtained through conditions. Active and expert ranks are obtained after having reached a threshold in terms of messages, likes, and your "like per message" ratio should be at least 2 (if I remember well). Most other ranks (like admin, moderator, professor...) can't be obtained under normal conditions, they are reserved to people that have a specific role (like the forum staff, USFS staff and so on...)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh So that Means That The Famous People Like Blazer, You, And TiTOw Can Give Us Guys Specific Titles.
Nyet. You earn titles through gaining trophies and contributing to the forum through good content/messages and people liking your content. Once you earn enough respect on the forum, you'll attain the expert rank and be able to make your own custom title like we have

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How to access The Help Menu? I'm New SO I don't Know.
BTW How Do We Get 'Title's?
Please condense your posts DepthClaw . Keep in mind this is a forum, not a chat, your messages are not flushed over time. Instead of sending 3 messages in a 3 minutes interval, you can also consider editing your first post to add something new.
Thank you for helping us keeping the discussion clean.