Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Sorry but it's clear that you cheated. Just by eye I can say that this launcher doesn't stand a chance.

Another proof:
Your fuel gauge is practically unchanged between those 2 screenshots, despite the significant speed difference.

If you need some advice we can help you, but please don't try to fool us. We did it ourselves, we know what it needs, and if we have a doubt we will try ourselves with your launcher.

To start with, you use too many engines. For your first stage for example, one Titan is largely enough. And with the weight you saved by removing engines, you can add more fuel.

Also, 2 stages is not much for that mission, you should add a third stage. The two first stages are to reach orbit, the third one is to perform the injection burn.

Last but not least, protect your probe with a fairing! The game takes drag into account, and your probe is very unaerodynamic!

Try optimizing your rocket and show us the result. :)

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Dude, you're not serious.

As Noor Nehan says, it's slightly too heavy. But if it was only that, this could be easily fixed, by using a slightly smaller fuel tank, or by adjusting the fuel quantity of one of the tanks.

But there's more to come.

in the 2nd stage i clipped 2 frontier engine
First, this. I assume this is actually not the case, because I recreated the rocket, and with a second engine clipped, it's 6 tons heavier. But that's still fine.

But the most important is this:
Screenshot_2021-12-19-16-29-37.png
From this screenshot, you're at 28.5 km, 371 m/s, and you have 94% of remaining fuel.
First it means that you used a very inefficient ascent profile. And from that point you'll need at least 1300 m/s to reach orbital velocity (not even taking into account gravity drag and the energy loss due to altitude variation).

I can simulate this with my ship design assistant. Those are your second stage's characteristics (when full):
Screenshot_20211219-131816_Sheets.jpg

This is the result after a 1300 m/s burn:
Screenshot_20211219-131840_Sheets.jpg

It means you can't have more than 39% remaining fuel when you reach orbit. Which by the way corresponds to 1470 m/s of remaining delta-V, far below the needed 1856 m/s, so the challenge is already failed from there.

Now look at what you show us when you reach orbit:
20211219_132203.png

Yet another blatant cheat attempt. I warned you, don't try to fool us, if we can't trust you we just won't award you the badge. You didn't even follow the advice I gave, I'm trying to help you you know.

I posted my own Voyager entry, with a video. I suggest that you have a look at it to improve your flight technique.

Alan walker(sfs)

Rank Restricted
Man on the Moon
Registered
Dude, you're not serious.

As Noor Nehan says, it's slightly too heavy. But if it was only that, this could be easily fixed, by using a slightly smaller fuel tank, or by adjusting the fuel quantity of one of the tanks.

But there's more to come.

First, this. I assume this is actually not the case, because I recreated the rocket, and with a second engine clipped, it's 6 tons heavier. But that's still fine.

But the most important is this:
View attachment 75919
From this screenshot, you're at 28.5 km, 371 m/s, and you have 94% of remaining fuel.
First it means that you used a very inefficient ascent profile. And from that point you'll need at least 1300 m/s to reach orbital velocity (not even taking into account gravity drag and the energy loss due to altitude variation).

I can simulate this with my ship design assistant. Those are your second stage's characteristics (when full):
View attachment 75920

This is the result after a 1300 m/s burn:
View attachment 75921

It means you can't have more than 39% remaining fuel when you reach orbit. Which by the way corresponds to 1470 m/s of remaining delta-V, far below the needed 1856 m/s, so the challenge is already failed from there.

Now look at what you show us when you reach orbit:
View attachment 75922

Yet another blatant cheat attempt. I warned you, don't try to fool us, if we can't trust you we just won't award you the badge. You didn't even follow the advice I gave, I'm trying to help you you know.

I posted my own Voyager entry, with a video. I suggest that you have a look at it to improve your flight technique.
Ok mr advicer. Very hard challenge

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok mr advicer. Very hard challenge
That's the hardest from team Frontier indeed. Be patient and take some time to optimize your launcher. You can also try the other challenges and come back to this one later.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
lmao, the moment i saw that 240t rocket with 2 titans, it's pretty blatant. Also out of all the staff, the stig is the hardest one to fool. The amount of ppl that fake this particular mission is astounding. But cheating twice...

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Also out of all the staff, the stig is the hardest one to fool.
The war master is also very good at that. He's far more sarcastic than I am however :p

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Are you kidding me? Third time cheating? What do you take us for?
And you cheated with Altaïr's example rocket.

From here:
vidma_recorder_19122021_222602.jpg

To here:
vidma_recorder_19122021_222138.jpg Screenshot_2021-12-19-22-20-57.png

is impossible.

This is actually what happens:
Screenshot_20211219-170219.png
Or a little better, reaching Jupiter.

Reread all the advice you were given, learn how to not fly straight up, make your own rocket, and then post another submission, this time cheat-free!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, Mooncrasher beats me to it, but he's right, there are too much inconsistencies in your mission.

There for example:
vidma_recorder_19122021_222536.jpg
You run out of fuel at 9000 meters. When I try with the same rocket, this happens around 7000 meters:
Screenshot_20211219-180255_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Your rocket is surprisingly slow too, 109 m/s is really few at that stage, and with your boosters now depleted, this will require a lot from your main stage to reach orbit. This is a very bad start.

Then, this:
vidma_recorder_19122021_222602.jpg
From the gauge, you seem to have something like 60% of remaining fuel, which gives you around 1186 m/s of remaining delta-V. See:
Screenshot_20211219-183828_Sheets.jpg

From the needed 1856 m/s from LEO, you already provided around 150 m/s, but this leaves you short by around 400 m/s. Sorry but even with a perfect trajectory, it's totally impossible that you could do it from there.

I'm really disappointed that you just recreated my launcher, added some fuel, removed the fairings (despite my advice), and cheated again.

As Mooncrasher said, it's the third time in a row. I'm sorry but from now on we will require a full non-edited video to accept the mission. I told you not to try to fool us, you were warned.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Wow, this man never learns. If Horus was here, he would destroy him lol

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Your trajectory is not hyperbolic...

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Are you serious? You are going at 6855 m/s, that's 395 m/s below the minimal escape velocity. Plus, you can clearly see the rest of the ellipse of your orbit in this screenshot:
Screenshot_2022-01-11-21-00-22.png
Are you trying to fool us again?

Status
Not open for further replies.