Open How to undock?

Hello, I am new to the game and I've gotten pretty good at getting ships into orbit. I wanted to dock a smaller ship with some larger thrusters I had in orbit. I was able to connect them with the small docking port but I could not "undock." Is this even possible because I tried tapping on the docking port and nothing happened. If anyone knows how to do this some help would be greatly appreciated!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Hello, I am new to the game and I've gotten pretty good at getting ships into orbit. I wanted to dock a smaller ship with some larger thrusters I had in orbit. I was able to connect them with the small docking port but I could not "undock." Is this even possible because I tried tapping on the docking port and nothing happened. If anyone knows how to do this some help would be greatly appreciated!
Are sure you are tapping the docking ports?

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Send some pictures. Those will help us to solve the problem.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
You're going To Dock It By Tapping the Docking Port???!!!

Or You're Going To Undock It??
You tap the docking ports to make them separate, they will automatically dock together if you align them.

Decoupling is usually easy but sometimes frustrating for some reason...
Try to focus on tapping one port or the other and not on the joint between them seems to help me