Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
"oh its so easy" you may say, and that is entirely true but it is so freaking annoying to use, because it is pretty much python but a few things are weird and that always throws me off (Like those stupid semicolons after everything). If it were up to me javascript would never be made, The worst part is that it was made 1995 and python had already existed for 6 years, Why would you make a worse language (though that argument goes for everything after the first code that could be complied to diff machines).

But maybe javascript has some cool things that make it unique enough to exist?
The only good thing about javascript is that it is natively supported in like 99% of web browsers. It is really only good for things like a button on a website or frontend stuff, If you want to manipulate any data; python is the superior choice. And python's libraries are a bit easier to use than JS lol.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
What makes it of any use? Web development has switched to better programming tools than javascript, the language runs slow and it has semi-colons that nobody has ever appreciated. Javascript would be far better if you could simply write it without the semi-colons, and JS without semi-colons is pretty much python.