I made a ginormous asteroid with A LOT of parts weighing a combined mass of over 2 thousand metric tons and I can't play on my worlds after that.

I just made an asteroid around the size of a small-ish rocket with lots of parts, from fuel tanks to struts and heat shields, so that the breakup would be very realistic. After trying to move the rocket, I can't press stuff on the screen. Exited the game, and reloaded it. The loading screen is staying much longer than normal. What do I do?

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
Maybe I can help with that - upload the asteroid's files and I'll have a look (i create planet packs so I'm used to things breaking the game)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
KaiserRedGamer you can try to restore a previous save from your file manager.

For this, go into your game directory (see path on screenshot if needed), then navigate to Saving/Worlds:
Screenshot_20220626-120407_Total Commander.jpg

This is the place where your worlds are saved.

Then go into the concerned world's directory. The content should look like this:
Screenshot_20220626-115917_Total Commander.jpg
The Persistent folder (in green) contains the world in its current state. This is what the game tries to load when you click "Resume game". Under the "Quicksaves" folder (underlined in blye) are all your quicksaves.

To fix your issue, I recommend to:
- move the content of the Persistent folder into another temporary directory (so that you can revert your changes if you mess up with something)
- copy the content of one of your quicksaves (preferably a recent one) into your Persistent folder
- restart the game and resume the game.

This should restore your game to a previous state. Your asteroid will be lost however.

Oshizuma Izushika if you want to help him try to think about a viable solution, or let somebody else propose one before suggesting him to delete and reinstall everything!

Thank you, O Lord our God, for I have actually discovered a solution to my problem (with His help). To troubleshoot this issue, I just went to the world I was playing in and building this asteroid and cut the
Code:
Version.txt
and
Code:
Blueprint.txt
files from the
Code:
BlueprintPersistent
and compiled the former into a folder in the Blueprints folder, and replaced the two files in the former folder with the corresponding files of a simpler build; and it worked! (at least on Android, with a file manager

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thank you, O Lord our God, for I have actually discovered a solution to my problem (with His help).
Why such irony? We both tried to help you...

Anyway, glad to hear that it's solved.