Solved I need help

ArelGG

Mapper
Registered
So I haven’t had my phone for around about a month now and I have just gotten it back. Since I can now play SFS, I planned a ganimede mission. I’ll show the pics here:

Launch:
5E703B3B-D91C-4874-A7C5-53B2ADE1B2FA.png

LEO
C2CA8925-969D-4435-8024-217903DC8EAD.png

Jupiter orbit:
F0251784-1076-455A-A139-84A52A0F871F.png

Ganimede orbit:
BDAABBEE-B3AE-4DE0-AAED-F9503B2ACA4C.png

I’m kinda a noob so whatever I do this is the furthest I can get to:
55295280-29A5-486E-BD82-B1E937175D64.png
77F29FDE-9D88-4D6E-9A3F-4AE3707CF8D4.png

If you can leave tips for me to be able to complete this mission I would be very grateful:)

Attachments

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
So I haven’t had my phone for around about a month now and I have just gotten it back. Since I can now play SFS, I planned a ganimede mission. I’ll show the pics here:

Launch:
View attachment 8003
LEO View attachment 8004
Jupiter orbit:
View attachment 8006
Ganimede orbit:
View attachment 8010

I’m kinda a noob so whatever I do this is the furthest I can get to: View attachment 8014 View attachment 8015
If you can leave tips for me to be able to complete this mission I would be very grateful:)
Doing a few gravity assists off of Venus can save you a a LOT of fuel. So I would suggest trying that. @Altaïr can you give this fellow some assistance?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm here, I'm here! :p

Well, I had a look at your launcher. The gravity assist will help you, but first thing to be done is to make a more efficient launcher. This will make your life much easier before considering tricky maneuvers.

For example: What is that Titan engine in Jupiter orbit??! o_O
That's the most inefficient engine in the game! The Titan has a massive thrust, so it's good to lift a heavy charge from Earth but that's all. Using a Frontier engine will be much more efficient: because it has less thrust it will need more time than the Titan to produce the same result, but it will consume less fuel in the end. That's what the Isp means.

If you want to do that mission easily, I advise you to use the ion engines: they are unbeatable on the long term, this will allow a lot of mistakes, and you should not run out of fuel in the end. Of course, you'll have to use a separate lander with a combustion engine (the broadsword should be enough) to land on Ganymede.

The rest is trying to optimize your trajectory as much as possible. The gravity assist is very helpful, but that's a tricky maneuver, so I would recommend to keep things simple at first. :)

ArelGG

Mapper
Registered
I'm here, I'm here! :p

Well, I had a look at your launcher. The gravity assist will help you, but first thing to be done is to make a more efficient launcher. This will make your life much easier before considering tricky maneuvers.

For example: What is that Titan engine in Jupiter orbit??! o_O
That's the most inefficient engine in the game! The Titan has a massive thrust, so it's good to lift a heavy charge from Earth but that's all. Using a Frontier engine will be much more efficient: because it has less thrust it will need more time than the Titan to produce the same result, but it will consume less fuel in the end. That's what the Isp means.

If you want to do that mission easily, I advise you to use the ion engines: they are unbeatable on the long term, this will allow a lot of mistakes, and you should not run out of fuel in the end. Of course, you'll have to use a separate lander with a combustion engine (the broadsword should be enough) to land on Ganymede.

The rest is trying to optimize your trajectory as much as possible. The gravity assist is very helpful, but that's a tricky maneuver, so I would recommend to keep things simple at first. :)
First of all, I know what Isp means. Second of all Thank you, I did it, Yey!
38F4D315-3736-445F-BD48-84FCBECFDDF7.png
AF861A29-E393-4FC2-B36A-7EEA4AB1DAA0.png

Third of all, please teach me how to do a gravity assist:D

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu