I'm trying to complete the Voyager quest.

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Of course, I encountered such difficulties that I did not even expect such an impossibility of this task. I have two drawings, I want to consult which one is better and what could be improved.
Screenshot_2022-05-07-08-03-52-953.jpeg
Screenshot_2022-05-07-08-29-52-375.jpeg

T

TtTOtW

Of course, I encountered such difficulties that I did not even expect such an impossibility of this task. I have two drawings, I want to consult which one is better and what could be improved. View attachment 82975 View attachment 82976
Without any doubt whatsoever, USE THE SECOND ONE. The first one will kill you with drag for a dozen reasons. I'm not even gonna go into that, I'll be starting to write a book.

Make your boosters and first stage longer on the second rocket to increase delta v. 10t extra per booster and 10t for the core. Also add 10t to the 2nd stage and change the engine on the second stage to a Valiant. You'll be shocked what you can do with that rocket.

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Without any doubt whatsoever, USE THE SECOND ONE. The first one will kill you with drag for a dozen reasons. I'm not even gonna go into that, I'll be starting to write a book.

Make your boosters and first stage longer on the second rocket to increase delta v. 10t extra per booster and 10t for the core. Also add 10t to the 2nd stage and change the engine on the second stage to a Valiant. You'll be shocked what you can do with that rocket.
Mission codename "Oranges"

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered

Like this?
If something is wrong, then I'll throw off the drawing below, our communication is complicated by the language barrier, so it's better you show me than tell me
Screenshot_2022-05-07-09-06-46-783.jpeg

Attachments

T

TtTOtW

In fact, I recalculated. Take the 10t out of the core. Then you have a big amount of extra delta V. Over 400m/s extra, in fact.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi Lev,

First, don't worry if you struggle with that challenge, it's the hardest one in team Frontier. If you didn't do it, I suggest that you have a loik at the tutorial: Voyager quest: tutorial
You'll find a lot of tips in it.

Your rocket is a good basis, I would just make the second stage a little shorter, 50 tons of fuel are a lot for that small engine. To compensate you can give more fuel to the first stage.

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Привет, Лев!

Во-первых, не волнуйтесь, если вы справитесь с этой задачей, она самая сложная в команде Frontier. Если вы этого не сделали, я предлагаю вам просмотреть учебник: Квест "Вояджер": учебник
В ней вы найдете много советов.

Ваша ракета хорошая база, я бы только вторую ступень чуть покороче сделал, 50 тонн топлива много для такого маленького двигателя. Для компенсации можно дать больше топлива на первую ступень.
Я его уже закончил, жду судей

T

TtTOtW

Hi Lev,

First, don't worry if you struggle with that challenge, it's the hardest one in team Frontier. If you didn't do it, I suggest that you have a loik at the tutorial: Voyager quest: tutorial
You'll find a lot of tips in it.

Your rocket is a good basis, I would just make the second stage a little shorter, 50 tons of fuel are a lot for that small engine. To compensate you can give more fuel to the first stage.
I had actually told him to add 10t and upgrade 2 Kolibris to a Valiant. That gives an extra 383m/s in just the last stage

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I had actually told him to add 10t and upgrade 2 Kolibris to a Valiant. That gives an extra 383m/s in just the last stage
Ah, sorry, I read the discussion too quickly. Yeah, 50 tons of fuel is defendable in terms of delta-V.

Lev from Ukraine

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Of course thanks for the advice my friend, but I will add another 10 tons of fuel to the last stage. I'm missing a no-fuel probe