Imperial System 1.6 - The Inner System Update

Will the name of Romeo be Romeo or Romeu

• Total voters

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
If you are asking why is it on it's 1.6 version, it was because I developed it on Reddit then just now, moved here. This update contains everything from past updates so don't worry. The update notes are also here

Download Link:
Imperial 1.6 - Inner System Update.zip
Update Notes:
- New Planets
a. Even
b. Neptune-II
c. Jovian
- New Rogue Planets
a. Chi
b. Flame
c. Jupiter-II
d. Man
e. Tacell
f. Diesel
g. Earth-II
h. Mars-II
i. Neon
j. Aqua
k. Aqua-II
l. Mercury-II
- New Stars
a. Pollux-I
b. Polux-II
- New Barycenter
a. Pollux
- New Features
a. Binary system of Pollux-I and Pollux-II
b. System Barycenter (Pollux)
c. Rogue Planets
d. Kerbol Planets made smaller to fit in the future 1.8 update
- Removed Herobrine

Credits:
1. SFS Universe App - I used the "All Planets With Textures" planet pack as a base for this planet pack.
2. Shako - I used knowledge from his planet pack, took textures from there, and got inspiration for the flower design using "argumentOfPeriapsis".
3. ChatGPT - Made a planetary system for my future 1.7 update.
4. Kerbal Space Program - Took my Kerbol System.
5. Google - I took textures from there.
6. DeviantArt - I took textures from there.
7. Others - Most of my textures are from the internet.

Notes: Paris and Romeo will have a texture in the future, and Romeo might be changed to Romeu if everybody agrees.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

That looks nice but would you mind posting a few pictures so that we can see what it looks like? :)

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello,

That looks nice but would you mind posting a few pictures so that we can see what it looks like? :)
So, here they are.
Inner System.png

This is the inner system. It has the binary black hole system and the rogue/interstellar planets. Point Z is supposed to represent my first name, which is Zack. Also, I don't know what will happen if you go in between of both black holes' SOI.
Polluxian System.png

This is the Polluxian System. It is the smallest star system and it is binary. It caught these interstellar planet and the eccentricity of the planets is the result of the speed it was going when it was being pulled by Pollux.
Galilean System.png

This is the Galilean System. It has a small asteroid belt called the "Le Verrier Belt" named after Urbain Le Verrier for his contributions of the discovery of Neptune. The planets has moons, which I'll not show here but you can explore it in the map view.
Magnetarian System.png

This is a robot planetary system and is consisted of robot planets made by us humans. This was the second system that I built and first system outside of the sun. It also has a binary planetary system named "Cobra & Tiger" and is made of Cobra and Tiger looking textures.
Inner Solar System.png

This is the inner solar system, consisting of fictional planets with 2 moons (minimum and maximum). It also has 4 nebulas/supernova orbiting it and Krypton from Superman!
Outer Solar System.png

This is what the outer solar system looks like. Also, I used "argumentOfPeriapsis" and "eccentricity" to make the beautiful shapes and added a flag hole called Ohio because the meme was peaking at the time.
The Earth with it's 5 moons.png

Credits to Shako for inspiring me to do this shape for the moons of the earth. Pueblo is a name from a rocket I put in a VERY HIGH orbit. It originated from Civics/History class because I didn't have any names for it. Luna is closer and smaller to the earth by the way.
Kerbol System.png

This is the Kerbol System. It is made small for now to fit the outer planets from the outer planets mod for the 1.8 Kerbal Update Part II. It has every Kerbol System planets and moons available with high quality textures and accurate everything.
Unknown System.png

This is the trailer for the future (REDACTED) system. The (REDACTED) system is made by ChatGPT and I made the textures, the code, and everything of it by searching on Google for references.
Entire Galaxy (as of May 30, 2023).png

The Entire Galaxy (Z Galaxy/Michael Galaxy/Imperial Galaxy) as of May 30, 2023. The (REDACTED) system as you can see is (REDACTED). It is very (REDACTED) and I should stop saying (REDACTED).

Anyways, that's all. I spent an hour typing this so please reply and download it then comment your thoughts in this thread. I also spent 5 months doing this. I took a break for 3-4 months from January and now posting this in the forum so it could be popularized. Please popularize this thread because I really want to see people's thoughts. Thank you!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow, that's really huge, it's clear that a lot of work went into this o_O
And a lot of originality too.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
188 celestial bodies, the solar system was taken from an app called SFS Universe, some textures and art were taken from Shako's planet pack. Kerbol System was taken from KSP and everything else was mine.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
Wow, that's really huge, it's clear that a lot of work went into this o_O
And a lot of originality too.
I have a lot of questions:
1. How do you make planets impossible to land in?
2. How do you make it so that planets have custom shapes or maybe VERY spikey?
3. How do you make ring textures using paint.net or other free programs?
4. How do you make a day and night cycle?
5. Why do I not see the stars' orbit lines when zooming out?
6. What is the purpose of a "resolution" in a code like "orbitLineResolution"?
7. Where can I get the planet textures of the OPM mod on KSP
8. Where can I get planet textures?
9. Will it lag if in the future, I make an actual universe?
10. Will I have to convert all of these 1.5 planets 1.6 like 1.4 to 1.5?

I feel like there is so many things missing, like another galaxy. By the end of the year, there will probably be another galaxy or 2 or more.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So, here they are.
View attachment 103837
This is the inner system. It has the binary black hole system and the rogue/interstellar planets. Point Z is supposed to represent my first name, which is Zack. Also, I don't know what will happen if you go in between of both black holes' SOI.
View attachment 103838
This is the Polluxian System. It is the smallest star system and it is binary. It caught these interstellar planet and the eccentricity of the planets is the result of the speed it was going when it was being pulled by Pollux.
View attachment 103839
This is the Galilean System. It has a small asteroid belt called the "Le Verrier Belt" named after Urbain Le Verrier for his contributions of the discovery of Neptune. The planets has moons, which I'll not show here but you can explore it in the map view.
View attachment 103840
This is a robot planetary system and is consisted of robot planets made by us humans. This was the second system that I built and first system outside of the sun. It also has a binary planetary system named "Cobra & Tiger" and is made of Cobra and Tiger looking textures.
View attachment 103841
This is the inner solar system, consisting of fictional planets with 2 moons (minimum and maximum). It also has 4 nebulas/supernova orbiting it and Krypton from Superman!
View attachment 103842
This is what the outer solar system looks like. Also, I used "argumentOfPeriapsis" and "eccentricity" to make the beautiful shapes and added a flag hole called Ohio because the meme was peaking at the time. View attachment 103843
Credits to Shako for inspiring me to do this shape for the moons of the earth. Pueblo is a name from a rocket I put in a VERY HIGH orbit. It originated from Civics/History class because I didn't have any names for it. Luna is closer and smaller to the earth by the way.
View attachment 103844
This is the Kerbol System. It is made small for now to fit the outer planets from the outer planets mod for the 1.8 Kerbal Update Part II. It has every Kerbol System planets and moons available with high quality textures and accurate everything. View attachment 103845
This is the trailer for the future (REDACTED) system. The (REDACTED) system is made by ChatGPT and I made the textures, the code, and everything of it by searching on Google for references. View attachment 103846
The Entire Galaxy (Z Galaxy/Michael Galaxy/Imperial Galaxy) as of May 30, 2023. The (REDACTED) system as you can see is (REDACTED). It is very (REDACTED) and I should stop saying (REDACTED).

Anyways, that's all. I spent an hour typing this so please reply and download it then comment your thoughts in this thread. I also spent 5 months doing this. I took a break for 3-4 months from January and now posting this in the forum so it could be popularized. Please popularize this thread because I really want to see people's thoughts. Thank you!
A lot of creativity I see, especially that “Flower” shape, I’ll try after my phone is fixed

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I have a lot of questions:
1. How do you make planets impossible to land in?
2. How do you make it so that planets have custom shapes or maybe VERY spikey?
3. How do you make ring textures using paint.net or other free programs?
4. How do you make a day and night cycle?
5. Why do I not see the stars' orbit lines when zooming out?
6. What is the purpose of a "resolution" in a code like "orbitLineResolution"?
7. Where can I get the planet textures of the OPM mod on KSP
8. Where can I get planet textures?
9. Will it lag if in the future, I make an actual universe?
10. Will I have to convert all of these 1.5 planets 1.6 like 1.4 to 1.5?

I feel like there is so many things missing, like another galaxy. By the end of the year, there will probably be another galaxy or 2 or more.
I can try answering some of these (even then, I'm doing it in basic ways) in order to not be confusing to other people later on.

As of the time of this message...
2. The TerrainFormula settings take care of that part.
3. Usually that's made using gradients, textures, and stuff in a 1 by x grid (x must be less than or equal to 16536 pixels tall). The idea is simple but the execution is rather... Dragging, for a lack of a better word.
5. I believe that's due to a limitation in SFS's orbit line rendering, which happens at around 1 ly in the scale of SFS 1.4. But the objects are still reachable.
6. For this specific parameter, its more for the eventual case when the orbits get soo eccentric that the orbit quality ends up dying. Say, Hale-Bopp. So you can end up increasing the resolution until the quality of the periapsis actually looks like an orbit.
7. I'd either look at the Kopernicus wiki, a Google search for each of the objects, and/or reproject each of the textures in the OPM mod into a sphere for spherical objects. (GIMP <3)
8. Start from searching on the internet, then eventually learn how to make then yourself using tools like PDN, GIMP, or your 3D rendering tools. This is more of a question that changes over time as you learn more.
9. The object count where this point hits depends on the device, but its inevitable, unfortunately.

1, 4, and 10 are currently a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
I can try answering some of these (even then, I'm doing it in basic ways) in order to not be confusing to other people later on.

As of the time of this message...
2. The TerrainFormula settings take care of that part.
3. Usually that's made using gradients, textures, and stuff in a 1 by x grid (x must be less than or equal to 16536 pixels tall). The idea is simple but the execution is rather... Dragging, for a lack of a better word.
5. I believe that's due to a limitation in SFS's orbit line rendering, which happens at around 1 ly in the scale of SFS 1.4. But the objects are still reachable.
6. For this specific parameter, its more for the eventual case when the orbits get soo eccentric that the orbit quality ends up dying. Say, Hale-Bopp. So you can end up increasing the resolution until the quality of the periapsis actually looks like an orbit.
7. I'd either look at the Kopernicus wiki, a Google search for each of the objects, and/or reproject each of the textures in the OPM mod into a sphere for spherical objects. (GIMP <3)
8. Start from searching on the internet, then eventually learn how to make then yourself using tools like PDN, GIMP, or your 3D rendering tools. This is more of a question that changes over time as you learn more.
9. The object count where this point hits depends on the device, but its inevitable, unfortunately.

1, 4, and 10 are currently a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment.
For 1, I meant, how to make a gas giant, for 4, can I borrow from others? And for 10, I think 1.5 to 1.6 conversion is easy because I have done 1.4 to 1.5 conversion.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
For 1, I meant, how to make a gas giant, for 4, can I borrow from others? And for 10, I think 1.5 to 1.6 conversion is easy because I have done 1.4 to 1.5 conversion.
1. Make the radius of the planet no less than 1000000 m
4. Idk
10. Idk

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
1. Make the radius of the planet no less than 1000000 m
4. Idk
10. Idk
That doesn't work anymore. Now a planet is gaseous if it has no terrain formula defined.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
For 1, refer to Altaïr's reply immediately above mine.
For 4, you can (and that's what i've been doing, with credit given). I do have an idea on how to do it manually, but i have no idea if it will work, so that's on the shelf.
For 10, i presume 1.5-1.6 conversion will be magnitudes easier than 1.4-1.5 conversion. But i could be wrong.

1686762764384.png

There's clearly something wrong with this. Not sure if this is the game fault. But the orbit lines are not rendering! Maybe you can take a look? It's strange that some are but some aren't.

TheeZackMichael

Man on the Moon
Registered
If you mean the SOIs clipping, you can adjust the multiplierSOI parameter in the planet files.
I've fixed that before but moved to a version before I did that.

View attachment 104244
There's clearly something wrong with this. Not sure if this is the game fault. But the orbit lines are not rendering! Maybe you can take a look? It's strange that some are but some aren't.
I've remembered that before this happened, Steam was having a cloud conflict but I didn't remember what option I clicked. Every other planet pack was fine but this was different. The planets are fine and I think you can still land on them but for some reason it doesn't show the orbit line. I'm still experimenting to see if it gets fixed.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
why does it put me -6300km under the earth and explode my rocket / make the screen fully black? View attachment 104429
I don't think this could be related to the planet pack, it's most likely a game bug. It seems like your rocket has been sent to the center of Earth (I assume you play on realistic?).
Also, could you confirm that it still happens if you deactivate all mods? Bugs can come from mods too.