In terms of "cheat free" for getting badges, do part clipping and infinite build area count?

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
If a badge requires no cheats to be active do I still need to worry about the 2 cheats I mentioned before? We all know they don't affect gameplay.
Part clipping is ok but IDK about the build area

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UN Cosmo Navy is right, part clipping is tolerated, especially for players that don't own the DLC, but Infinite build area is not allowed, this would allow you to build a bigger launcher than what you're normally allowed.
What if I used that launcher for my Moon mission? ...
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-05-14-11-16-58.jpg

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
UN Cosmo Navy is right, part clipping is tolerated, especially for players that don't own the DLC, but Infinite build area is not allowed, this would allow you to build a bigger launcher than what you're normally allowed.
What if I used that launcher for my Moon mission? ...
View attachment 114287
Oh boy, oh god holy moly

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It wouldn't make it to orbit

at least not without cheats :p
Of course it would!
Screenshot_20210117-002709_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-145425_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-145934_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I made a few entries in the kiloton club with it. There's also a variant that can send 1 kton to LEO in realistic.

However it's true that it needs "no heat damage" now, engines generated no heat at the time of making.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How did this beast of a rocket appear in a question about cheats?
Just to illustrate what infinite build area allowed to build and why it's considered a cheat :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
how did all the engines not burn the rocket? i tried recreating it and it blows up upon launch
It does for me too. That's what I explained here:
However it's true that it needs "no heat damage" now, engines generated no heat at the time of making.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
oh. i think i scrolled past that ;-;
No problem.
What I meant still stands though, if you're allowed to use infinite build area in challenges, then you can just make ridiculously overpowered launchers for practically every mission, like this for example:
Spaceflight Simulator_2024-04-02-13-28-33.jpg

Mia

Man on the Moon
Registered
No problem.
What I meant still stands though, if you're allowed to use infinite build area in challenges, then you can just make ridiculously overpowered launchers for practically every mission, like this for example:
View attachment 116221
Yes, but there are still ways to build outside of the main box. Such as using the move buttons on bp eddied parts. (They don’t switch up and down, they just move up). Even if, it’s still not allowed; Although it is still possible…

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes, but there are still ways to build outside of the main box. Such as using the move buttons on bp eddied parts. (They don’t switch up and down, they just move up). Even if, it’s still not allowed; Although it is still possible…
It is possible for non-dlc players to also make big rockets outside the build area as people like Sus engine(Youtuber for some of his other things but makes non-dlc bps like the Saturn IB and V) and I use. Changing the "Offset" at the bottom of the bp is godsend.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It is possible for non-dlc players to also make big rockets outside the build area as people like Sus engine(Youtuber for some of his other things but makes non-dlc bps like the Saturn IB and V) and I use. Changing the "Offset" at the bottom of the bp is godsend.
I think that this would be considered an exploit, i might have seen a judge say something about this before

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
I think that this would be considered an exploit, i might have seen a judge say something about this before
Yes it is a exploit, but when it comes to realistic building rockets for the copycat badge, it's godsend