Infinity's RandomTweaks Mod

Infinity

Discord Staff
Registered
Figured I might do something now that PC modding is alive again. A thread dedicated to https://github.com/4JX/RandomTweaks. Feel free to suggest stuff.

Current features: (With Images)
  • Shrink the part selection outline as you zoom in
  • Expand the limits for zooming
  • Move and resize the selected parts with the arrow keys. Use shift to get smaller increments (including rotate).
  • Remove the second popup when entering a world prompting you to clear the build area
To install it please use the modloader by dani0105 and then copy the DLL from the releases page to the Spaceflight Simulator_Data\MODS folder.

Last edited:

Smore

Registered
I have this mod in the correct folder with all my other mods that are working but for some reason this one won’t load. What do I do to fix this?

Infinity

Discord Staff
Registered
I have this mod in the correct folder with all my other mods that are working but for some reason this one won’t load. What do I do to fix this?
This one does not have any UI atm, if the console shows no errors check your keybindings menu.

T

TtTOtW

Infinity Cool mod, man. I've placed the RandomTweaks.dll in MODS/RandomTweaks, but nothing shows up in game. I also have ASoD's VanillaUpgrades, are these two perhaps incompatible that yours are not showing up? Or is there another reason I am not thinking of?

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Infinity Cool mod, man. I've placed the RandomTweaks.dll in MODS/RandomTweaks, but nothing shows up in game. I also have ASoD's VanillaUpgrades, are these two perhaps incompatible that yours are not showing up? Or is there another reason I am not thinking of?
Random tweaks hasn't been updated to the current mod load version.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Ya pretty much any mod that's older than 2 weeks is out of date
That is blatantly false information. Every mod that has been posted here to the forums, besides the dV calculator mod which uses the old method of installing mods, currently has support for v1.1.2+ of the modloader. I made sure to poke at people to update their mods when the new version released, as all of the creators are in the Discord.

It has been shown to just not work for some people for whatever reason. Works fine for me, so it shouldn't be the modloader breaking it. I haven't tested the mod on v1.1.2, only 1.2.0-beta so that may be the cause? Maybe try updating your modloader to the latest beta, but I'm not sure what that would change that would make it work.

Infinity

Discord Staff
Registered
I haven't tested the mod on v1.1.2, only 1.2.0-beta so that may be the cause?
My intuiton goes to them not putting it inside a folder of the same name.

Ya pretty much any mod that's older than 2 weeks is out of date
I have not made an announcement here but the v1.2.0 release works for me and was tested with the v1.1.2 modloader modloader.

I also have ASoD's VanillaUpgrades, are these two perhaps incompatible that yours are not showing up?
They do edit some similar methods so they may clash somewhere, I'll take a look.

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Released a new version, now featuring:
  • Part resizing
  • Use Shift while moving, rotating and resizing to get smaller steps
  • Toggle the new build system (N key by default)
Download at Release v1.1.0 · 4JX/RandomTweaks View attachment 79983 View attachment 79984
Amazing Mod
I was hesitant to create something, cause I knew it would be very time consuming.
This mod will save so much of my time.
The only improvement that I need for my builds is more fine rotations.
Can you change {q , e} to 30° change rather than 90° and for {shift + q , shift + e} make it 5° change, that's it.
Otherwise the mod is great
Thank you

Infinity

Discord Staff
Registered
how do you change part size
Use the arrow keys, see the readme in the repo or the keybinds menu in SFS for more info

Can you change {q , e} to 30° change rather than 90° and for {shift + q , shift + e} make it 5° change, that's it.
Hmm I'm hesistant to override the default 90° turn, I guess I could play around with getting a second level of even-more-precision and adjustable values.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Known to be broken on public beta. May fork and send a pull request as Infinity doesn't currently have time to fix it.