Issue/confused by docking and undocking

T

TonyStarkIsNotDead

Hello all! I've built a modest station with several docking ports. Most have a fueled pod attached with rcs on each. When I undocking to try and fly around control doesn't always transfer to the pod meaning I have to activate the station rcs and attempt a redock with the pod. Other times control transfers without any issue.

Am I missing something or not fully understanding how to transfer control from one element to the next?

Thanks in advance!

When you undock, you're going from what the game considers 1 active ship to 2 avtive ships. It doesn't know which one you want control over (unless there's a way to choose that I'm not aware of) as it can't distinguish what's what in your creations.

Instead of redocking, you can go to map view and try using "switch to" if you can manage to select the other one.

T

TtTOtW

Hello all! I've built a modest station with several docking ports. Most have a fueled pod attached with rcs on each. When I undocking to try and fly around control doesn't always transfer to the pod meaning I have to activate the station rcs and attempt a redock with the pod. Other times control transfers without any issue.

Am I missing something or not fully understanding how to transfer control from one element to the next?

Thanks in advance!
The last ship you controlled prior to docking becomes the primary ship. So you break your ship into two by undocking and the part containing the primary ship's probe or capsule will be the one you're now controlling. To select the other part, in map view, tap your spacecraft until it says Switch on top. That gives you the other part.