Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I can't even fucking dock because the closest approach line won't work
View attachment 29780
View attachment 29781
It won't change in time warp
You don't need the line to dock. Just lower your orbit to be slightly lower than your target, and then keep timewarping until you get close. Then fire your engine at your target to bring you in close enough to dock. Hope this helps!

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
So my station won't be complete:(
Why not? As long as you use the lower orbit method then you still should be able to dock without the closest approach line.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
There's a closest approach line on the screenshot, so I can't figure out what the bug is...

Now if you intend to dock, you should not put your ship on the same orbit as your target first. If you do that, the 2 objects will orbit at the same speed, so none of them will catch up with the other. That's the reason why the line doesn't move.

For this, you rather need to put your ship on a lower orbit. It will orbit at a faster rate than your target, and will be able to catch up with it.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
There's a closest approach line on the screenshot, so I can't figure out what the bug is...

Now if you intend to dock, you should not put your ship on the same orbit as your target first. If you do that, the 2 objects will orbit at the same speed, so none of them will catch up with the other. That's the reason why the line doesn't move.

For this, you rather need to put your ship on a lower orbit. It will orbit at a faster rate than your target, and will be able to catch up with it.
Ive has this problem too, what’s wrong is when in time warp the line doesn’t change, but as soon as you exit time warp it snaps to where it’s supposed to be. This bug makes it extremely difficult to dock, and the only way I know of fixing it is clearing some crafts from your save. Personally I’d just start on a new save to get rid of it. Sorry Jez 10

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered

Cool explanation! Now I did it more better and I was able to dock!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Lol, to this. I have never docked with the Closest approach. It was broken since the very first second when I opened 1.4