Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
-Land on all four moons of Jupiter
-maximum of 2 launches
-each rocket must weigh no more than 300t
-no cheats, except inf build area and no burn marks
-first person to legitimately complete this challenge can tell me what they want me to create next :)
Good Luck!
-challenge open to anyone
-Oshizuma

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
How to prove it:
Any format allowed, but if screenshot are used then the following must be included-
Launchpad (both launches)
Earth Orbit
Jupiter Orbit
Galilean moon orbit (all 4)
Surface (all 4)
Return to earth
Achievements

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Remember, you have to do it first to lead the way. We have this rule so that people don't make impossible challenges.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Well then other people are unlikely to try it.:rolleyes:
Why put in the effort for someone's 5 minute challenge that they did not attempt.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
As in, I am going to try it, but I can't right now
I'll watch this with interest because doing a full jovian tour with no more than 600 tons overall will be an impressive performance!

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I'll watch this with interest because doing a full jovian tour with no more than 600 tons overall will be an impressive performance!
Is it theoretically possible?

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
Ok so we know it could be done in 1.4, whether it can be done in whatever 1.5 patch this is is still a mystery because everything has been rescaled and the eccentricity factor has been implemented into the game.

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
I was going to do a series of challenges after this. First ones I probably won't need to legitimately verify as its noob level and literally anyone will be able to beat it. They will scale up gradually, until eventually becoming so hard its almost impossible.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
I was going to do a series of challenges after this. . They will scale up gradually, until eventually becoming so hard its almost impossible.
Oshizuma Izushika Greetings
I'm happy you're interested in exploring the boundaries of what is possible in SFS and applaud your efforts but if I may Sir it's considered bad form to submit a challenge without first completing it yourself.
Regarding your statement "First ones I probably won't need to legitimately verify as its noob level and literally anyone will be able to beat it" Legitimacy is exactly what is at stake. All too often these types of challenges are proffered by someone new to the forum who can't even be bothered to complete it themselves. I'm not implying you are one such but hopefully you can see the issue.
Altaïr 's indication that there is some level of difficulty tells me this is above "noob" ability.
Over time it has become the custom for someone who issues a challenge to provide proof at the time it is issued that they have completed it and done so within the limits set by the challenge.
The reasons behind this are at least 2fold. 1. It limits the number of ridiculous challenges posted. 2. Proves that the challenge is doable in the manner proscribed, within the limits set.
You state this challenge is "noob" level and you needn't be bothered proving it's viable. If you'll pardon me, I'd really like some proof that statement is true.
It just seems insulting that you would toss off some challenge and expect others to invest their valuable time and effort into attempting something you post but can't be bothered to complete.
This is just my view of the matter and may not reflect the views and opinions of the forum.
This is merely a suggestion based on my observations. The members who submit interesting and well thought out challenges AND prove their validity at the time of posting garner the most interest, involvement and respect of the other members. Again, it's not my intent to criticize but hopefully explain why things are as they are.
This forum has been around for a minute or two and has had some phenomenal contributing members. I'd hold up the membership of this community to any other without reserve.
I'm just saying, barring a few issues, the general guidelines have evolved to attempt to provide the best experience for everyone involved.
My apologies for mucking up your thread.

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
Ok so we know it could be done in 1.4, whether it can be done in whatever 1.5 patch this is is still a mystery because everything has been rescaled and the eccentricity factor has been implemented into the game.
This is my point. You stated this is "noob" level but in this post you're stating wether it can be done is a mystery! Do you see the conflict?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I mostly agree with your points §PaCëØddît¥ , but when Oshizuma Izushika was saying it was "noob level", he was referring to a new serie of challenges he would propose after this one.

However most points are right Oshizuma Izushika , the challenge you propose is far from being obvious, especially with the constraints you put. It's easy for you to set up a challenge, but it's a long way to go for us. The reason why we ask people to do their own challenge is also to make sure they participate, and not just throw crazy challenges at others while not even bothering with more common challenges (like what you suggest about your new serie of challenges).

If you want people to take you in serious, you'll have to show something valuable at some point. Not like what you recently showed in the Team entries section for example.

Another hint that you didn't think carefully about your challenge: you allow the use of infinite build area but you limit the rocket mass to 300 tons. For reference, this is a 300 tons rocket:
Spaceflight Simulator_2022-06-21-09-42-45.jpg
Do you really think we would need "infinite build area" to build a rocket of that size?

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok. I verified it, but I will be honest: I did bend the rules a bit. Anyone who attempts this can bend the rules, but only I the same way I did:
Part Clipping (landing stage only)
Return trip not necessary
No weight limit.
Ok, at least you did it, even with simplified rules.

But something bothers me, see those 2 screenshots:
Screenshot_20220621-152441_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20220621-152642_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
This is before and after your landing on Io. How do you explain that your fuel gauge has not varied between those?

Please don't criticise me for this.
I can't promise anything, it will be hard to refrain...

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
I will admit that the Io landing is not legit. It was the last landing I did, and.i was in Io's orbit when I realised there wasn't enough left in the tank to do the landing. So if you want me to redo the Io landing, legitimately this time,I will redo it.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Facepalms
Can't you even do your own challenges without resorting to breaking your own rules?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I will admit that the Io landing is not legit. It was the last landing I did, and.i was in Io's orbit when I realised there wasn't enough left in the tank to do the landing. So if you want me to redo the Io landing, legitimately this time,I will redo it.
Then you'd have to redo Europa too:
Screenshot_20220621-153234_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20220621-153519_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

You thought I didn't notice? And all of this after I told you this:
If you want people to take you in serious, you'll have to show something valuable at some point. Not like what you recently showed in the Team entries section for example.
Honestly I don't mind, it's your challenge. But how do you want us to trust you after so many cheat attempts? Do we have to ask you a video for everything?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok I should probably quit being here, because I really want to die after what you have said.
I've been nice dude. If you got caught cheating you can only blame yourself. The good news is that nobody dies from it.