ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 35665

6 Clydesdale SRBs and 25 core LF engines
46.3 million newtons worth of thrust.

MOAR BOOSTERS!

Finally got a video of this thing leaving the pad without it snapping in half at max Q.

And yeah. It's an absolute beast. Mistakes were still made...

Same with this as well. It has recently started the habit of repeatedly breaking away from the ET very early on, rather than when I wanted it to.

But, after some careful tiptoeing around the problem and a lot of swearing, another pad to LKO video.

Including overly intricate launch sequences. Cos why the hell not.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Everything can be fixed with just MOAR BOOSTAAZ

3yitn4.jpg

In other Kerbal Space News, I've taken the not-Blackbird out for a flight.

And despite the colour, she looks pretty damned good.

Kerbal Space Program 28_04_2020 17_43_07.png

Kerbal Space Program 28_04_2020 17_43_22.png

How does it fly? Well, see if these memes can give an indication of the results.

3yis6f.jpg

3yit7m.jpg

Yeah.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Got frustrated cos the game kept fragmenting a launch vehicle when it passed mach 0.41 cos reasons and throwing the parts extra solar (not kidding either) so built a thing just to check its not a bugged out game.

So built a quick not Hubble space telescope, plonked it onto a L/V and threw it out to about 83,000km orbit, just inside the limit of Kerbin SOI.

Kerbal Space Program 02_05_2020 03_09_50.png
Kerbal Space Program 02_05_2020 03_09_28.png

Over cooked the delivery somewhat and had about 1000m/s more than I needed left. The telescope apparently works and you can aim it at different bodies, although for some reason it's not showing them in the imager screen.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
In another episode of 'Will it work in Kerbal Space Program?', I try my hand at making a dragonfly.

And learns it's probably easier making an elephant fly.

Kerbal Space Program 31_05_2020 21_23_10.png

Kerbal Space Program 01_06_2020 00_20_20.png

Kerbal Space Program 01_06_2020 00_29_48.png

And in spite of the limitations of KSP, I don't think it came out too badly

Films & TV 01_06_2020 02_59_26.png

1.jpg

Films & TV 01_06_2020 02_59_37.png

2.jpg

Films & TV 01_06_2020 03_00_41.png

It still needs a bit (lot) of tweaking visually. It needs landing gear, lights, comms, reaction wheels, electric generation and stowage and a fuckton of bracing, but most of the inaccuracies are just limitations of what KSP will let me do, especially at the front end. Things like the cross fold weapons pylons aren't do-able without the expansions.
Also there's no way I'm able to re-create its flight profile properly. The in-film 'L' model Cheyenne has some really powerful (pair of 310kN rated) ducted thrust turbo fans for its atmospheric flight and dual variable inlet dual cycle scramjet-rocket engines for SSTO performance. In KSP, the RAPIER is closest to the scram-rocket in that it works in atmosphere and vacuum, but i'd need about 5 of them rather than 2 to crack the TWR I'd need for vertical climbouts. Same for the turbofans, the in-game ones produce about 1/3rd of the required thump I'd need to make this hover and cos there's no thrust ducting, I'd have to physically stick the entire engine cluster to the side of the hull. Which yes, of course I tried and it looks just..wrong.

I've done a 360 view around it

And then because I couldn't lift it using jet engines, defiled it with a load of thud and aerospike engines to put the required amount of thrust needed to make it hover.

Yes, they do look like nipples. And no, you can never un-see that...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Waay back in March, I managed to (yet again) roll a rover over. Only on this occasion, rather than breaking it on Kerbin somewhere easy, it was a newly landed and 'manned' one next to a crater on the Mun 8km away from its lander.

Kerbal Space Program 12_03_2020 23_20_20.png

complete with stranded crew member, no comms and a very limited power supply.

Well after a few months of testing (including the loss of my Chief Test Pilot), I finally managed to get a rescue onto the surface in a new rover.

The video cometh (eventually) but to see the difference in the rovers, here they are together.

Films & TV 14_07_2020 00_55_13.png

Films & TV 14_07_2020 01_13_51.png

Named for the test pilot who was killed balancing the landing system and coming in at 60 tons unladen mass, the Lindwell mobile operations centre.

Dang, Im a bit pissed, my computers motherboard is taking a shit and it can’t run Kerbal Space Program without crashing soon as I reach the stratosphere. It can barely fucking run Doom3. And I spent alot of money on DLCs for Kerbal.

I have a KSP install modded to great heavens I have an image
Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 13.39.58.png
Also The name of the planet you see here Is Rhode Yes I use beyond home