KSP: Project Jool

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well, what a mission! Blazer this amply displays how well you design and pilot, this all is not for the faint of heart. Very, bloody very well done. Iwas (perhaps obviously) most taken with that sweet, sexy shuttle. Fulcrum is not a name I'll forget soon. Next, SCHWEET SUB MY MAN!!! TtTOtW Kerman would like the occasional ride to the bottom of the ocean, I assure you... You sneaky namer you! Also, Avalon is a wonderful place.a visual feast and obviously works exactly as advertised.

Months of hard work. And a wonderful prize: success.

Keep it up.
Thank you man! I really appreciate that, believe me. :D

As for TtTOtW Kerman, he is the commander of Cassiopeia, so yes, he’ll be the one conducting most of the dives into Laythe’s oceans. :)

The Fulcrum will have a chance to redeem itself I promise, it will have the task to bring the crew safely back to Kerbin, once the Avalon is safely back in orbit around the planet.
I’ve sent a lot of unmanned equipment. This is the first time I sent Kerbals to Jool. Now I just have to bring them back, I have 2500 m/s of deltaV available, but I need to bring the Avalon into Low Kerbin orbit, which is why I was asking for the most efficient route.

My current plan is to burn from Laythe to Tylo, use a gravity assist of Tylo to go to a very high and eccentric Jool orbit, burn retrograde at Jool apoapsis, then finally burn prograde at Jool periapsis all the way to Kerbin.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thank you man! I really appreciate that, believe me. :D

As for TtTOtW Kerman, he is the commander of Cassiopeia, so yes, he’ll be the one conducting most of the dives into Laythe’s oceans. :)

The Fulcrum will have a chance to redeem itself I promise, it will have the task to bring the crew safely back to Kerbin, once the Avalon is safely back in orbit around the planet.

I’ve sent a lot of unmanned equipment. This is the first time I sent Kerbals to Jool. Now I just have to bring them back, I have 2500 m/s of deltaV available, but I need to bring the Avalon into Low Kerbin orbit, which is why I was asking for the most efficient route.

My current plan is to burn from Laythe to Tylo, use a gravity assist of Tylo to go to a very high and eccentric Jool orbit, burn retrograde at Jool apoapsis, then finally burn prograde at Jool periapsis all the way to Kerbin.
Bring the Yellow submarine? :p

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, another update! Remember how I failed to dock my Joolian Impactor to the Avalon? Well, that left me no other choice but to land the shuttle and launch the impactor again.
View attachment 64290

Yeah, that makes this mission a double failure… One because we couldn’t deliver the probe to the Avalon, and Two because I couldn’t demonstrate the Fulcrum’s capabilities in a successful mission. Well, the Fulcrum works, what happened on that mission is simply that the center of mass was too far back, (because of the weight of the impactor), and the shuttle fell ass-first.

Anyway, the Fulcrum will go through a full revamp once Project Jool is finally finished.

But nevermind that, let’s continue. Alright, time to launch the impactor again. This is going to be Blazing Aerospace’s fastest mission EVER!
View attachment 64291 View attachment 64293

That’s it, that’s all! Preparation phase for Project Jool is finally… FINALLY… completed! :D Now is time for the Execution phase! Time to depart towards Jool! First destination: Laythe!
View attachment 64295

And after more than 2 years through deep interplanetary space, The Avalon and her are finally the first representatives of Kerbalkind in the Joolian system!

View attachment 64296

Not much to say about the navigation inside the Joolian system: the standard gravity assist with Tylo to get captured, then some other gravity assists with Laythe and Vall and some correction burns to bring my orbit as close to Laythe’s as I could, then a small capture burn there.

View attachment 64297 View attachment 64298

I used to flyby of Laythe to put the Impactor in a collision course with Jool. It will take it 2 hours to enter the green atmosphere. For now, we have to go to Laythe’s periapsis and capture ourselves in orbit around it.
View attachment 64300

And there we are ladies and gentlemen. We are finally orbiting Laythe! However, we can’t descend just yet. We have another mission to handle first. Our probe will enter the Joolian atmosphere very soon, so we need to focus on that first.

View attachment 64302 View attachment 64303

Yay, a balloon! Something you typically don’t find in KSP. I actually wanted to make a nuclear spaceplane and fly on Jool’s atmosphere, but that would be too heavy and complex, at least for this particular mission (A Joolian plane is on my future To-Do list), so I decided to go with something much simpler, much lighter, and that I thought you guys’ wouldn’t expect: a balloon. It also allows to take readings and measures while flying on Jool, as well as to transmit the results to Kerbin. It’s just a shame that the landing took place in the night side of Jool, so we couldn’t take cooler pictures.

Anyway, the balloon exploded when it was high enough, so the probe fell using parachutes, and still transmitting data. The probe was a total of 1 hour and 48 minutes inside Jool’s atmosphere, and transmitted its last reading at 230 m below the “sea level”. We have successfully crashed a science probe into Jool and obtained a lot of science about its atmosphere.

Back to the Avalon, and the main mission on Laythe! Once we’re safely parked in LLO the “Stingray” can finally separate and carry the 4 Kerbals that will man Minerva Station.
View attachment 64304

After that, we are finally ready to bring some crew to the surface of Laythe! The first aviators take up these familiar, yet still strange, alien skies…

View attachment 64305 View attachment 64306
View attachment 64307
Ladies and gentlemen, just three words...

We did it.

After months of preparation, testing, experiments, failed and successful prototypes, failed and successful missions, and a lot of time invested into this… Kerbalkind has finally planted a flag and left some footprints on the surface of Jool’s atmospheric moons.

Months of preparation, all for this. It really feels great…
Great! Congrats!

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Now where are you going to visit next? Duna?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Now where are you going to visit next? Duna?
Nah, I’ve already been there many times. Possibly Eeloo, or maybe a return to Vall and Tylo, they are pretty cool and I didn’t find their anomalies, the Vallhenge on Vall and the cave on Tylo.

But hey! I haven’t finished posting everything related to Project Jool! The last thing I posted was the arrival to Laythe, now I need to post the rest of the mission and the successful return to Kerbin.

Expect full mission debrief in the followong days, I have over 150 screenshots that I need to organize and decide which ones to post, etc.

T

TtTOtW

Nah, I’ve already been there many times. Possibly Eeloo, or maybe a return to Vall and Tylo, they are pretty cool and I didn’t find their anomalies, the Vallhenge on Vall and the cave on Tylo.

But hey! I haven’t finished posting everything related to Project Jool! The last thing I posted was the arrival to Laythe, now I need to post the rest of the mission and the successful return to Kerbin.

Expect full mission debrief in the followong days, I have over 150 screenshots that I need to organize and decide which ones to post, etc.
I sincerely look forward to that instalment!

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Have you visited all objects in KSP?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
WARNING: LONG POSTS INCOMING. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Project Jool – Final Mission Debrief:

Alright, so the last time we heard anything from Project Jool, it was that we had just landed on Laythe, right?

Okay, the first need we need to do is to bring down the rest of the crew. TtTOtW’s team is still on the Avalon and they are going to be our ocean explorers, so we need to land them and take them to Cassiopeia. For that we are going to launch the Stingray, dock with the Avalon in orbit around Laythe, land, and take to the base using the MTRV. The MTRV can only carry two Kerbals, so we are going to need two rides.

01.png

There we go. Now, we can take Cassiopeia to Crater Bay for the first dive of the mission! We took a lot of science readings from the bottom of the ocean.

02.png

I don’t know if you guys noticed, but Cassiopeia has a small deck, where Kerbals can stand, enjoy the view and have a little fresh air. They can also walk from there to the stern deck.

03.png

Now, anyone remembers the first airbase I sent to Laythe a loooong time ago? Yeah, now we need to carry the crew that is going to work there.

04.png

Now, that everyone’s in position, we can finally begin the exploration of Laythe! The first step is to take the MTRV to several biomes that are very close to the Angus base.

05.png

This mission included science reading on all biomes, in flight over them, while splashed down as well as several dives using the submarine mode of the MTRV.

06.png

Anyway, we don’t want to do the whole Laythe mission on day 1, so for now, let’s go to the Avalon, in orbit around the moon, and let’s go pay Vall our first visit! (Vall the moon, not Val the pilot).

07.png

I decided the Original Four (you know… Jeb, Bill, Bob and Val) are not going to land on Laythe, but each one of them is going to have the privilege to be the first on the remaining 4 Joolian moons.

-Val on Vall (obviously :p).
-Bob on Bop.
-Bill on Pol.
-Jeb on Tylo.

I left Tylo for the end because is the most difficulty location, and because after returning from its surface my Universal Lander, the Zireael 05 aka Blocky McLanderface, is stuck in orbit and can’t do anything besides docking with The Avalon.

Back to Laythe! Time to find the anomaly of this world! Here it is, lol:

08.png

It is a shame that Laythe only has one anomaly. Since is the only habitable world besides Kerbin, they could put some more anomalies or easter eggs that could suggest that there was once an alien civilization on Laythe, like ancient structures and stuff like that… that would be sooooo cool.

Surprisingly, this thing was only 11.8 km away from my Windsearcher Airbase…

Unfortunately, this base was sooooo full of trouble and it was sooooo hard to operate anything from here, at least in comparison with Angus, which is why I made the decision to scrap it and send the planes I had there (the Seagull and the Thundercraft) to Angus. The Seagull went first. Unfortunately, it didn’t had enough fuel to make it… damn afterburners…

Since I was determined to scrap Windsearcher anyway, if the Seagull couldn’t make it to Angus, it was going to be stranded wherever it landed, which is why there was no point in returning to a previous quicksave, instead I decided to accept my fate and let the Seagull fall to the ocean…

Now I have 3 castaway Kerbals, in the middle of the ocean, and the middle of the cold Laythian night…

10.png

Rapidly, the Stingray takes off from Angus, carries a pilot and a doctor (there are no doctors in the game, but I always pretend scientists are doctors ;)).

11.png

No big deal, lol. 15 minutes later, they were safely back at Angus. Too bad we lost the plane, but anyway… The Thundercraft’s voyage was very smooth and fast in comparison, it got to Angus in 20 minutes or something like that. Very fast…

12.png

Alright, time to return to the Vall mission. Vall was cold and cool, but we have other places to visit, so let’s get that to the Avalon. It’s time to Bop.

13.png

14.png

Now we have to take advantage of Bop’s low gravity and lack of atmosphere and refuel The Avalon for the upcoming Tylo mission. However, the lander can only deliver 1200 units of liquid fuel per trip, and The Avalon carries up to 12 000 units, so we are going to need to fly 10 resupply missions… I decided to have 5 here on Bop and 5 more when we get to Pol.

The resupply missions were tedious and boring so I didn’t screenshot them. They all were the same: Land, mine some ore, refine it into fuel, liftoff, fly to the Avalon, dock, transfer fuel, start again. However, during a resupply mission here on Bop we discovered something interesting that I wanted to share with you guys.

15.png

Yes, the Kraken! Well, its body… Unquestionable proof not only that Kerbals are not alone in this universe, but that all those space stations didn’t just explode because of my building skills, but because they were attacked by these things! Are there more of them, or are our space stations safe now? No clue. That’s a question to answer another day. Anyway…

Another dive on Laythe. This time on the Sagen Sea. No pics this time cause is the exact same procedure as the previous one on the Crater Bay. Just this one because the sight was beautiful.
16.png

Expedition to the Poles of Laythe! Single Kerbal, on the Flyer 6 “Thundercraft”, doing a lot of science. It was on that mission where I took this little series of pictures. I’m posting all 4 of them because I can’t decide for just one. I like all 4 of them.

17.png

Meanwhile, the Bop crew concludes the first five resupply missions, and The Avalon departs towards Pol, the smallest moon of the system. Also, the farthest to Jool.

18.png

Unfortunately, I kinda forgot to take the classic picture of the crew, planting the flag, lol. Since I had to do 5 resupply missions to fill The Avalon, I always thought that I was going to take the picture on the next landing. In the end, I did all 5 landings and I completely forgot the damn picture. All the proof I have that I landed on Pol is this picture of… Bill Kerman, I think he is, staring at the rare Polian landscape.

19.png

Anyway, with The Avalon fully fueled, and despite the clock saying it was 3:00 AM, I decided I didn’t want to wait up to the next day to do the Tylo mission. No time to lose, first Tylo, then bed! :p

Anyone remembers how I said that I haven’t tested my lander on Tylo, but it should work there? Well, it did, it actually did :Din un

After several attempts…

21.png

This is a great achievement, at lemast for me. That’s because Tylo is, by a lot, the hardest place to land on, in this game (not the hardest place to LEAVE, that would be Eve). It has an absurd deltaV requirement of about 3150 m/s to land on (roughly what my lander can carry), it has a gravity of 7.85, and there is no atmosphere to help you slow down, so landing anything there is a great challenge, especially if is your first time.

With this, we have landed not only on the hardest place to land on in this game, but we have also landed on the final destination, completing The Avalon’s mission to the other moons of Jool, AAAAAAAND, we have finally landed in every single landable body in the game, which is great, at least for me :)

Like I said, I had already been to and returned from anywhere else before Project Jool. The green planet and its moons were the final destination, the prize which I saved to the end.

Oh god, 5:30 in the morning, time to bed…

Attachments

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Coool!

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You can give those kerbals a name in the game like XX Kerman that you want?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Project Jool - Final Mission Debrief (part 2)

Anyway, no more waste of time! Back to the main mission, on Laythe. Cassiopeia and TT’s crew have finally arrived The Sagen Sea. Time for the final dive of the Laythian mission.

22.png

23.png

With this, Cassiopeia mission is completed: It has visited the 3 main bodies of water on Laythe, and conducted dives on them. Now we have to pickup TT’s crew and all the data they gathered and take them to Angus. I used the helicopter for this, since I’ve barely used it throughout the entire mission on Laythe.
24.png

25.png

Cassiopeia, is and was ever since, parked in a beach on Laythe. It did great during its whole Project Jool mission and will be used on future missions to Laythe. Cassiopeia will return, I have plans for it. :)

The next and FINAL step that we need to take on the surface of this moon is to travel to its Peaks for science. Since it is a very difficult mission because of how far away the Peaks are, I decided I had to fly it myself, to see if I can clean my name just a little. I mean, I crashed the Seagull, this is the least I can do to redeem myself.
26.png

Laythe’s orbit is perfectly aligned with Jool’s equator, and is much smaller, so every time Laythe enters Jool’s shadow, it is completely eclipsed. I was completely shocked to see that everything went dark in seconds, but then I looked at the map and understood what happened: an eclipse. The last picture shows the plane, successfully landed on Laythe’s Peaks, and you can see that the fuel levels are below the half…

Time to do some science and return to Angus.
27.png

The return trip was difficult, because I barely had any control of the plane because of how high I was flying to save fuel, but still we made it back to the base.

Alright, that finishes the mission on the surface of Laythe. We have over 70 science experiments. As a final step, I decided to bring down the crew that I had in the space station, in orbit around this moon. They’ve been in orbit since they left Kerbin, they haven’t landed anywhere, so I thought I should bring them down so they can stretch their legs and breathe some fresh air.

28.png

With that completed, we are now ready, we have done here. Yes, finally, we are returning to Kerbin. To do that, we need to have The Avalon in Low Laythe Orbit. Jeb and his crew, currently on the surface of Tylo, must bring her back.

29.png

Yep, that’s a Laythe Aerobrake right there.

Anyway, Good news: The Avalon is safely back in LLO. Bad news: She’s dry. She only has like 100 m/s more, which is not even enough to leave Laythe’s SOI. But luckily, I have this thing, which now I am going to dock with it.

30.png

That is a transfer stage from a previous mission, I believe from when I brought the Windsearcher here. Once its mission was done, it still had over 6500 units of liquid fuel, and it was a shame to deorbit it, so I decided to leave there to use it as a refuel unit in a future chance. Here’s that chance.

Also, James Brown, here’s your “Docking without RCS nor Ion engines” challenge accomplished in KSP. Docking a 100+++ tons interplanetary mothership with a 50 tons transfer stage.

This is still not enough for the return trip, which means, yeah… more resupply missions… this time using the “Stingray” SSTO.

Since I have 4 crews on the surface, I decided to fly 4 resupply missions and to bring one crew on each one. I didn’t take many screenshots throughout the process. Just during the final flight.
The last crew enjoying the final sunset, before they return to breathe recycled air for almost a decade…
31.png

32.png

The last picture shows Angus base and all its planes, after the crew’s departure. The Stingray is staying there, it will be used on future missions.

AND THAT’S IT!

The Avalon is ready, the whole crew (all 20 Kerbals), are on board, and we are ready to initiate the long travel back to Kerbin.

We burned for Tylo, using its gravity assist to put us on a very eccentric Jool orbit, burned retrograde at apoapsis to bring the periapsis as close as possible to Jool to use its Oberth effect as much as we can, and a massive periapsis kick puts us on a transfer to Kerbin.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t capture around the planet, because the deltaV wasn’t enough, so I had to wait another solar orbit to get a Kerbin encounter which allowed me to capture an orbit with the deltaV I had. For my Kerbals, this meant the return trip took almost 10 years, not 2 and a half as it was originally planned.

The following images show the Laythe escape, Tylo GA, the burn at Jool periapsis, and the final arrival to Kerbin.
33.png

Kerbin aerobrake finally brings us down to a nice, low and stable orbit of about 80 km.
34.png

Time to land the crew. To do that, we have a shuttle that needs to clean its name: The Fulcrum obviously. After its previous failure, it went through a full technical review, and to allow it to redeem itself I’ve increased the difficulty level and realism of its mission. I’ve removed all its jet engines, and air intakes. This means, that now, it is only a glider in atmospheric flight, like the real shuttles were. This means nailing a runway landing is much harder now. I’ve also made the external tank recoverable.
35.png
36.png

Nailing a runway landing with a big and heavy mk.3 glider was not easy, but I learned a lot about glided orbital landings on Laythe. :) All the Stingray landings there were fully glided. Now, is only a matter to adapt to a slightly thicker atmosphere, slightly higher gravity and a bigger plane.
37.png

Months of effort, one prize: success! My fellow forumers, Project Jool is completed. It has taken a lot, but it has been made possible. I really hope you guys aren’t really tired to read all of this, I am aware it was really long (it took almost 6 hours to write these posts), but it is over now, and with a happy ending. :D
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you all to the protagonists, the heroes, the intrepid explorers of Project Jool, THE KERBALS!
38.png

THE END :)

Attachments

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Anyway, no more waste of time! Back to the main mission, on Laythe. Cassiopeia and TT’s crew have finally arrived The Sagen Sea. Time for the final dive of the Laythian mission.

View attachment 65573
View attachment 65578
With this, Cassiopeia mission is completed: It has visited the 3 main bodies of water on Laythe, and conducted dives on them. Now we have to pickup TT’s crew and all the data they gathered and take them to Angus. I used the helicopter for this, since I’ve barely used it throughout the entire mission on Laythe.
View attachment 65579
View attachment 65582
Cassiopeia, is and was ever since, parked in a beach on Laythe. It did great during its whole Project Jool mission and will be used on future missions to Laythe. Cassiopeia will return, I have plans for it. :)

The next and FINAL step that we need to take on the surface of this moon is to travel to its Peaks for science. Since it is a very difficult mission because of how far away the Peaks are, I decided I had to fly it myself, to see if I can clean my name just a little. I mean, I crashed the Seagull, this is the least I can do to redeem myself.
View attachment 65583
Laythe’s orbit is perfectly aligned with Jool’s equator, and is much smaller, so every time Laythe enters Jool’s shadow, it is completely eclipsed. I was completely shocked to see that everything went dark in seconds, but then I looked at the map and understood what happened: an eclipse. The last picture shows the plane, successfully landed on Laythe’s Peaks, and you can see that the fuel levels are below the half…

View attachment 65584
The return trip was difficult, because I barely had any control of the plane because of how high I was flying to save fuel, but still we made it back to the base.

Alright, that finishes the mission on the surface of Laythe. We have over 70 science experiments. As a final step, I decided to bring down the crew that I had in the space station, in orbit around this moon. They’ve been in orbit since they left Kerbin, they haven’t landed anywhere, so I thought I should bring them down so they can stretch their legs and breathe some fresh air.

View attachment 65585
With that completed, we are now ready, we have done here. Yes, finally, we are returning to Kerbin. To do that, we need to have The Avalon in Low Laythe Orbit. Jeb and his crew, currently on the surface of Tylo, must bring her back.

View attachment 65587

Anyway, Good news: The Avalon is safely back in LLO. Bad news: She’s dry. She only has like 100 m/s more, which is not even enough to leave Laythe’s SOI. But luckily, I have this thing, which now I am going to dock with it.

View attachment 65588

That is a transfer stage from a previous mission, I believe from when I brought the Windsearcher here. Once its mission was done, it still had over 6500 units of liquid fuel, and it was a shame to deorbit it, so I decided to leave there to use it as a refuel unit in a future chance. Here’s that chance.

Also, James Brown, here’s your “Docking without RCS nor Ion engines” challenge accomplished in KSP. Docking a 100+++ tons interplanetary mothership with a 50 tons transfer stage.

This is still not enough for the return trip, which means, yeah… more resupply missions… this time using the “Stingray” SSTO.

Since I have 4 crews on the surface, I decided to fly 4 resupply missions and to bring one crew on each one. I didn’t take many screenshots throughout the process. Just during the final flight.
The last crew enjoying the final sunset, before they return to breathe recycled air for almost a decade…
View attachment 65589
View attachment 65590
The last picture shows Angus base and all its planes, after the crew’s departure. The Stingray is staying there, it will be used on future missions.

AND THAT’S IT!

The Avalon is ready, the whole crew (all 20 Kerbals), are on board, and we are ready to initiate the long travel back to Kerbin.

We burned for Tylo, using its gravity assist to put us on a very eccentric Jool orbit, burned retrograde at apoapsis to bring the periapsis as close as possible to Jool to use its Oberth effect as much as we can, and a massive periapsis kick puts us on a transfer to Kerbin.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t capture around the planet, because the deltaV wasn’t enough, so I had to wait another solar orbit to get a Kerbin encounter which allowed me to capture an orbit with the deltaV I had. For my Kerbals, this meant the return trip took almost 10 years, not 2 and a half as it was originally planned.

The following images show the Laythe escape, Tylo GA, the burn at Jool periapsis, and the final arrival to Kerbin.
View attachment 65591
Kerbin aerobrake finally brings us down to a nice, low and stable orbit of about 80 km.
View attachment 65592
Time to land the crew. To do that, we have a shuttle that needs to clean its name: The Fulcrum obviously. After its previous failure, it went through a full technical review, and to allow it to redeem itself I’ve increased the difficulty level and realism of its mission. I’ve removed all its jet engines, and air intakes. This means, that now, it is only a glider in atmospheric flight, like the real shuttles were. This means nailing a runway landing is much harder now. I’ve also made the external tank recoverable.
View attachment 65594 View attachment 65595
Nailing a runway landing with a big and heavy mk.3 glider was not easy, but I learned a lot about glided orbital landings on Laythe. :) All the Stingray landings there were fully glided. Now, is only a matter to adapt to a slightly thicker atmosphere, slightly higher gravity and a bigger plane.
View attachment 65596
Months of effort, one prize: success! My fellow forumers, Project Jool is completed. It has taken a lot, but it has been made possible. I really hope you guys aren’t really tired to read all of this, I am aware it was really long (it took almost 6 hours to write these posts), but it is over now, and with a happy ending. :D
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you all to the protagonists, the heroes, the intrepid explorers of Project Jool, THE KERBALS!
View attachment 65597
Great! What is your next plan?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks. Well, I have similar mission to Eeloo underway. I already designed the main base and a mobile base/rover. Now all I need is to design a hovering exploration vehicle.
Will you go to Eve or visit the mohole?

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

View attachment 65573
View attachment 65578
View attachment 65579
View attachment 65582

View attachment 65583

View attachment 65584

View attachment 65585

View attachment 65587

View attachment 65588

View attachment 65589
View attachment 65590

AND THAT’S IT!

View attachment 65591
View attachment 65592
View attachment 65594 View attachment 65595
View attachment 65596
View attachment 65597
Yay! All things are done!