Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Unmanned self contained (internal rocket landing and wheel propulsion, lab, sample drill) science mission onto Minmus. The gravity is ridiculously low and you have to turn off the reaction wheels to stop it from rolling itself over when you're driving around. Just unfolding the wheels is enough to make the robot jump off the ground.

Small(ish) launch system using a combination of single core engine, a quad liquid fuel booster set and a pair of small SRBs just cos it looks cool with all the offset burns.

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_18_51.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_16_32.png

Next, a replacement shuttle to the one I had docked at my station that was slowly coming apart because KSP physics. So I de-orbited the old one remotely and put together a much smaller crew/no cargo shuttle (since the Excaliber program just doesn't want to fly either) of a slightly modified mod shuttle I downloaded a little while back.

This is Hermes, a very small ship with a very small inventory and crew capacity, but good and simple for crew transfers to my orbiting space station and easy to lift Buran style on a small 2 stage launch vehicle.

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_50_10.png

Second flight (first operational, the first one was a very sub-orbital hop just to make sure it glides straight, the other shuttles really don't). This one is ion driven (which I wasn't a fan of, the thrust is...useless), can be flown remotely and had 2 jobs.

One, to move some scientists up to the floating labs at the space station (to keep the engineers company) and the second was to practice RCS docking and re-entry to landing, cos I've never recovered anything I've put into orbit successfully. Cos none of my other shuttles fly straight and would just start tumbling.

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_20_38.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_23_47.png

I had aimed for a landing as close to the KSC as possible. And I think I succeeded...

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_27_40.png

in landing a third of the way around the planet, blasting over 2 complete oceans and having to find a bit of water capable of splashing onto.

Oh yeah. I should probably have mentioned in the pre-flight brief that Hermes doesn't have sea-level engines. Or wheels. Or parachutes. And relies entirely on a completely un-powered glide belly flop to survive landing.

That narrow and windy river will have to do.

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_28_04.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_28_33.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_29_11.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 19_29_24.png

Films & TV 17_09_2020 20_32_23.png

Naaaaiiiiled it.

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
My new S-9 and S-9C Valkyrie spacecraft undergoing testing!
screenshot66.png
screenshot67.png
screenshot68.png
screenshot72.png

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Testing my new Venture colony ship. These screenshots were taken during tests where i cheated the ship into orbit but im planning to build this properly with my new mining bases and orbital construction yards.
screenshot97.png

screenshot98.png

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Anyone knows of a mod that add propellers and/or rotors to KSP? You know, for people who do not have the Breaking Grounds DLC...

Edit: I already tried Firespitter but the latest version is from 2016, and it does not have animations or sounds.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Nice to see added reaism. I just got simple rockets II. Have barely run tutorials. I hope it's graphics have a little pizzazz.