Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I decided to try and recreate one of the composite images that you see launch photographers such as Trevor Mahlmann create of Starship landings. Just kinda a fun little thing I thought was cool.
C4F94FF8-59D7-4247-B164-C6A7D0590E7A.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
This is very cool!
Could you tell me,
How to do that myself?
Thanks! I took a video of a landing while keeping the camera stationary relative to the craft. Then went back and took a screenshot every two seconds, and lined up the ground between each shot so that they were all linked to a common reference frame. From there it’s just a matter of compositing each frame together.

Thanks! I took a video of a landing while keeping the camera stationary relative to the craft. Then went back and took a screenshot every two seconds, and lined up the ground between each shot so that they were all linked to a common reference frame. From there it’s just a matter of compositing each frame together.
Could you do a tutorial video thats somewhat of diiffcult to underdtand for me lol

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Could you do a tutorial video thats somewhat of diiffcult to underdtand for me lol
I don’t currently have a tutorial for it, but maybe I’ll do one in the future. You might be able to find similar stuff on YouTube, as the image was created using photoshop.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I decided to try and recreate one of the composite images that you see launch photographers such as Trevor Mahlmann create of Starship landings. Just kinda a fun little thing I thought was cool. View attachment 59522
That’s really cool and I imagine it should have been hard to land in the middle of the launchpad while keeping the camera that far away.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
That’s really cool and I imagine it should have been hard to land in the middle of the launchpad while keeping the camera that far away.
Nah, I’ve basically been doing the exact same landing profile for the past three days, just continually reloading the quicksave. Pretty much don’t even have to look to land it now.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
did you make that starship
Yep! I have been reworking parts of an older design over the past few days, and the image above is part of the testing campaign for that. Here is a more up close image of it:
50FD2E6E-B353-4B97-BEFD-417B7D5AC9A2.png

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
How did you get the hinge looking part and thin looking nose cone???
93D58028-62EB-4380-8BEC-C7636DA00920.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
How did you get the hinge looking part and thin looking nose cone??? View attachment 59817
The upper circle is the old fairing from 1.4. It is smaller in 1.5, and was taken from an old blueprint pre-update. The second circle is just two fairings put together.