MacOS Modding :sad_face:

flefliker

Discord Staff
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
So I've tried using mods with the MacOS X port. No success at this time. I installed SFSML into the *.app package contents and it apparently loaded half of the ML. It installed the folders into the package but they appear to be in the wrong place(see screenshot below is the directory SFSML loads it's folders into). When I launch the game I don't get the secondary prompt window and it stops me from clicking anything in the menu; also seems to reset all the UI settings(e.g. removing the expansion). So I think the assembly-Csharp.dll file of SFSML is trying to call for a different directory at this point.

I've tried moving the ML folders around and putting data for it in different places and I just can't get it to work. Will there me support for mods on MacOS at all?

Side note: I can get the ML to load and work outside of the .app package when using the exe directly in a Wine environment. Second picture. :D YAY! I at least have this one to play with the mods.
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.48.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.53.47 PM.png

N

noire

So I've tried using mods with the MacOS X port. No success at this time. I installed SFSML into the *.app package contents and it apparently loaded half of the ML. It installed the folders into the package but they appear to be in the wrong place(see screenshot below is the directory SFSML loads it's folders into). When I launch the game I don't get the secondary prompt window and it stops me from clicking anything in the menu; also seems to reset all the UI settings(e.g. removing the expansion). So I think the assembly-Csharp.dll file of SFSML is trying to call for a different directory at this point.

I've tried moving the ML folders around and putting data for it in different places and I just can't get it to work. Will there me support for mods on MacOS at all?

Side note: I can get the ML to load and work outside of the .app package when using the exe directly in a Wine environment. Second picture. :D YAY! I at least have this one to play with the mods.
View attachment 1668 View attachment 1669
Or you could just buy a normal, functional pc
You can get a rig with a vega 64, a ryzen 7 2700 and 32 gigs of ddr4 for less than the price of a macbook pro or deskt mac

Aiden

Registered
Or you could just buy a normal, functional pc
You can get a rig with a vega 64, a ryzen 7 2700 and 32 gigs of ddr4 for less than the price of a macbook pro or deskt mac
Everyone has a opinion on whats better so leave him b. He might want it to be mobile but you stay at home when playing

flefliker

Discord Staff
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Everyone has a opinion on whats better so leave him b. He might want it to be mobile but you stay at home when playing
There is always one right? Apparently they didn't understand the post and thought it would be good to jump in and OS bash. I expect at least one everytime I mention the word Mac.

That's the idea mostly. I never intended to play games on my Mac. It's for my businesses but having something to fiddle around with while traveling is great. I'm usually on my phone (that can't be modded btw) in conference calls or meetings.

Having the ability to still mod the game though in a Wine environment is great. You just cannot mod the Mac port at the moment. Looking forward to a future version that will allow this.

Aiden

Registered
There is always one right? Apparently they didn't understand the post and thought it would be good to jump in and OS bash. I expect at least one everytime I mention the word Mac.

That's the idea mostly. I never intended to play games on my Mac. It's for my businesses but having something to fiddle around with while traveling is great. I'm usually on my phone (that can't be modded btw) in conference calls or meetings.

Having the ability to still mod the game though in a Wine environment is great. You just cannot mod the Mac port at the moment. Looking forward to a future version that will allow this.
Posh

N

noire

I didnt say you should buy a desktop,i was mocking the price. I dont know how much exactly you paid for your macbook since i dont know the exact model, but i can tell you that (2 years ago)i bought a T420 with a 9 cell battery for 250 euro (that was 2 years ago, nowadays you can pick one up for 160), slapped another 8 gig sodimm in for 40 euro and flashed coreboot as a bios for it. I have a functional and portable laptop that i had already dropped many times, and its still working, with over 8 hours of battery life while in active use.
There is always something better than apple in price/performance

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
yep well i think this has to do with macos having no drive stuff they have /home n shit if im correct. wr didnt implement the pathfinding in the best way possible so that would be my first guess.

JMteam09 (Jordi vd Molen)

Staff member
Owner
Fulltime Developer
Team Valiant
Team Kolibri
but just hold when i finish exposure some issues should go away. i could make a popup where people could manuly input the mod folder or something like that.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician

Business hey? What type of business are you in?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I find playing on something like in iPad best especially when traveling :) (just my personal opinion:))