Mars 2020 to Launch in ~2 weeks

VibeChecker

Man on the Moon
Registered
1594998819426.png

Just a question: Did anyone send their name to Mars like I did? The name will be engraved on a small chip with millions of other names.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
No I didn't. I care about my privacy. What if the chip with my personal data on it was to be found by a foreign government? :eek:

On a more serious tone I didn't even know it was a possibility.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No I didn't. I care about my privacy. What if the chip with my personal data on it was to be found by a foreign government?
Wouldn't worry about it, China already knows who you are. And what could they do to you? If they start messing about, you'll just launch them into Low Jovian Orbit

I suppose it's the natural extension of the Voyager plate but with a crowd-funded feel to it. Stirs the public interest in what could be viewed as a small-ticket space mission.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wouldn't worry about it, China already knows who you are. And what could they do to you? If they start messing about, you'll just launch them into Low Jovian Orbit
You're right. Just in case I would better quickly learn how to use the VEEGA route in 1.5, I only tried once... :rolleyes:

No I didn't. I care about my privacy. What if the chip with my personal data on it was to be found by a foreign government? :eek:

It's not china you should be worried about, those who wrote their name on that slate are selling their souls to the demons on Mars.

8bitCosmonaut

Imagine your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson discovering your name on that slate.
The name of the engineers on Earth who built the hardware to get to Mars has far more value than one of some random plonker who's trying to feel better about himself.

If I were that grandson? Having to know that my grandfather helped built the vehicle would sound far cooler than simply being an alphabetical passenger.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Mars demons can only possess those who step foot on Mars. It is known.