Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Well Done! This will most definitely go through! I’ll ping A staff member tomorrow at around twelve thirty :)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello EthanJS

Just to know, how did you make your Mars reentry? You had no heat shield, and you spent really little fuel between those 2 screenshots:
Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 12.59.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 1.10.13 PM.png

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
maybe he used no heat damage cheat or rotated his spacecraft and then activated the engine when the reentry phase ends

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm sorry, but I forgot to save the blueprint
But you can't recreate the part that is concerned?
To be honest I feel like your engines were not protected during reentry and that they were destroyed by heat. That's why I was asking, in case I missed something. If that's the case then I'm sorry but I can't accept it, as no part must be destroyed during the mission (except dumped parts of course).

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
But you can't recreate the part that is concerned?
To be honest I feel like your engines were not protected during reentry and that they were destroyed by heat. That's why I was asking, in case I missed something. If that's the case then I'm sorry but I can't accept it, as no part must be destroyed during the mission (except dumped parts of course).

wait.
i have an theory:
maybe they clipped the heat shield so that it can handle high heat?
Or. maybe they dont feel useful.