Memes

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
they also made the most powerful rocket
only to replace it with something that only carries half the weight and is very expensive
Oh bois is this the old “Shuttle bad” debate again?
What ever here is something that I learned about the shuttle from this forum:
-It saved the space program because the options the government had at the time were to stop human spaceflight entirely or be in LEO. Eventually they went with spaceflight in LEO with the shuttles
-Are you saying that the thing is bad because it could carried less than the Saturn V? A medium lift rocket vs a super heavy rocket? That’s like saying a car is bad because it can’t carry as much stuff as a semi truck.
-It helped building the ISS, brought Hubble to space and fix or upgrade it if needed to. It also performed numerous SpaceLab missions, send lots of space probes to space, capable of capturing satellites in space to repair of brought them back safely to Earth.
It might be expensive and dangerous but that’s why they stopped using it as soon the station is completed. People always make it look like everything fell apart with the shuttle and we should retire something that already retired.

VibeChecker

Man on the Moon
Registered
Didn't von Braun had a much more ambitious and detailed project to develop nuclear-powered engines (whose research was practically shut down until recently) and get to Mars?

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
here is a meme a few days in the making

but if you close your eyes.PNG

(sorry for low quality image)

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh bois is this the old “Shuttle bad” debate again?
What ever here is something that I learned about the shuttle from this forum:
-It saved the space program because the options the government had at the time were to stop human spaceflight entirely or be in LEO. Eventually they went with spaceflight in LEO with the shuttles
-Are you saying that the thing is bad because it could carried less than the Saturn V? A medium lift rocket vs a super heavy rocket? That’s like saying a car is bad because it can’t carry as much stuff as a semi truck.
-It helped building the ISS, brought Hubble to space and fix or upgrade it if needed to. It also performed numerous SpaceLab missions, send lots of space probes to space, capable of capturing satellites in space to repair of brought them back safely to Earth.
It might be expensive and dangerous but that’s why they stopped using it as soon the station is completed. People always make it look like everything fell apart with the shuttle and we should retire something that already retired.
No
Replaceing saturn v with sls