TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
SOME RANDOM CEO WENT ABOVE THE KARMAN LINE FOR A WHOPPING THREEEEEEE (3) SECONDS!!!! THIS IS WORRRRRLDDDD NEWS!
View attachment 69219
This meme is stupid for two reasons:

1. Some random CEO?! These where founders of companys that buildt those vehicles so thats where excitation comes from! Verner von Braun might have designed Saturn V but he never flew on it, same with Korolev and N1.

2. Those where first flights with passengers anboard meaning that these where first tourist missions to space. You want to fly to space one day? You should be excited cause Crew Dragon would probably be most expensive option.

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
To be clear, I am not a SpaceX fanboy.
(You can feel the “but” coming)

But while a seat on crew dragon would be easily be 10 million dollars, compared to 250000 for Virgin Galactic and something similar for BO, crew dragon would be the coolest. By far.

Also, the goals of the space race agencies and modern private companies are different. Back in the days of Korelev and van Braun, NASA and the soviets were pioneers of spaceflight, almost breaking new records with each new launch. Therefore, they needed skilled and trained cosmonauts and astronauts to operate the vehicles, as they were less safe. Korelev and van Braun didn’t ride on their vehicles because they weren’t trained.

Modern CEOs have the goal of making money, so these first spaceflights were more like PR moves (though I fully support BO’s decision of inviting Wally, even if only a PR move). Branson and Bezos went on their rockets to emphasize that anyone can go to space. They also did not design the rockets that they were on.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
hitlercar.jpg

James may: that's not hitler
Jeremy: it is
James may: no that was made before indicators where made hes just doing hand signals.
Jeremy: what signal is he doing now then james
James may: Hes saying take the third reich
Richard: ow